Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

So is Martin officially eligible? I may have missed that. If so, then HHS probably should be top 3. Ryle is young but has talent so it depends on how they hold up against older competition.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Martin officially eligible? I may have missed that. If so, then HHS probably should be top 3. Ryle is young but has talent so it depends on how they hold up against older competition.

 

I think Holmes remains #1 regardless. Their top 5 are pretty darn good. Now I would say they can be beat, but you will have to have the athletes to compete with them and a very well executed game plan. But it can be done because they aren't as deep as they have been and their outside shooting will not be great (other than Graham). But boy are they athletic!!!

HHS returns 5 of their top 8 and adds Jenna Martin. They also have arguably the best sophomore class in the region to add to them (with Conner right there). They also played very well together over the summer at a loaded Louisville team camp. This is not you're HHS team of the past. This team will be very athletic, strong and deep.

 

You like to say teams and player are this and that, but you don't give justification behind your thoughts.

 

Is this your own opinion??? That you are giving without justification? Lots of teams believe they are very athletic, strong with depth.... I don't think a team camp proves anything..

Is this your own opinion??? That you are giving without justification? Lots of teams believe they are very athletic, strong with depth.... I don't think a team camp proves anything..

 

Are you asking about the bold or if we are very athletic, strong and have depth. I can explain either one if you'd like.

I think Holmes remains #1 regardless. Their top 5 are pretty darn good. Now I would say they can be beat, but you will have to have the athletes to compete with them and a very well executed game plan. But it can be done because they aren't as deep as they have been and their outside shooting will not be great (other than Graham). But boy are they athletic!!!

 

 

We know Holmes is at the top for region.. But you didn't answer the question. Is Martin eligible??

Are you asking about the bold or if we are very athletic, strong and have depth. I can explain either one if you'd like.

 

Yes, I'm asking about it all. Tell us about their depth, atheticism and what makes them the best sophomore class in region.

Are you asking about the bold or if we are very athletic, strong and have depth. I can explain either one if you'd like.[/quote

 

Yes, I'm asking about it all. Tell us about their depth, atheticism and what makes them the best sophomore class in region.

 

Best sophomore class:

They have two players in the class that have won the KY D1 AAU state championship

every year they have played in it since the 3rd grade.

They have 3 others that that played on a couple of those state championships as well.

They have one that led their team to an AAU D1 national championship a few years ago.

They have dominated (along with Conner) all of NKY middle school ball all 3 years they were there.

They have 6 kids that play or have played at a high level of AAU/summer/EBYL ball in that class.

 

As far as the rest, I already explained it.

Depth - They return 5 of their 8 starters from last year and add Martin and the class above. (some of which were already getting some time).

Athletic - I have seen most of these kids play against some of the best talent in the country. Trust me, they are athletic!

Strength - You'll find out soon enough, but there won't be a stronger team in the region, including HC. HC may have a couple really strong kids, but holistically, HHS will be stronger team. They are brutal!

 

weakness - size. They won't be real tall. But that has never hampered this group too much in the past. Also experience. It may take them awhile to be ready for prime time with the addition and youth. But by the time it matters, they will be in the hunt for sure.

 

 

And I would disagree with you...Not everyone thinks their team is very athletic, deep and strong.

Edited by RCC9

 

Best sophomore class:

They have two players in the class that have won the KY D1 AAU state championship

every year they have played in it since the 3rd grade.

They have 3 others that that played on a couple of those state championships as well.

They have one that led their team to an AAU D1 national championship a few years ago.

They have dominated (along with Conner) all of NKY middle school ball all 3 years they were there.

They have 6 kids that play or have played at a high level of AAU/summer/EBYL ball in that class.

 

As far as the rest, I already explained it.

Depth - They return 5 of their 8 starters from last year and add Martin and the class above. (some of which were already getting some time).

Athletic - I have seen most of these kids play against some of the best talent in the country. Trust me, they are athletic!

Strength - You'll find out soon enough, but there won't be a stronger team in the region, including HC. HC may have a couple really strong kids, but holistically, HHS will be stronger team. They are brutal!

 

weakness - size. They won't be real tall. But that has never hampered this group too much in the past. Also experience. It may take them awhile to be ready for prime time with the addition and youth. But by the time it matters, they will be in the hunt for sure.

 

 

And I would disagree with you...Not everyone thinks their team is very athletic, deep and strong.

 

 

Which kid(s) played on the EYBL team?

 

 

Which kid(s) played on the EYBL team?

 

That's all you have to say after I give you all that???

 

First, I'd ask "what EYBL team are you talking about when you say "the EYBL team"?

 

Secondly, I'm using EYBL to talk about events or meaning travel ball. Everyone calls it something different. I just listed that to describe "competitive bball" or "whatever you want to call it".

1. Homes

2. Conner

3. Highlands

4. Ryle

5. Newport Central Catholic

6. Holy Cross

7. Dixie Heights

8. St. Henry

9. Cooper

10. Notre Dame

 

1. Lexi Held - Cooper

2. Jenna Martin - Highlands

3. Ally Johnson - Beechwood

4. Tyrah Englemon- Holmes

5. Booke Davis - Dixie Heights

6. Zoie Barth - Highlands

7. Maddie Scherr - Ryle

8. Laila Johnson - Holmes

9. Aleah Tucker - Holy Cross

10. Paige Noble - St. Henry

 

 

As far as the players go, I'm elated to see Laila Johnson getting her due. She's a great kid and IMO, she has been underrated the last couple years.

 

Surprised to not see Janice Stovall's name on the list.

ND, Cooper and NCC will have a better year than Ryle. Scherr and Schwartz are capable but get any fouls on them and they are in serious trouble. Also, a good 'big' combined with decent guards will create matchup nightmares for Ryle. Zero depth and I understand McGregor has very little interest in playing.

So the Hurst girl from Conner isn't better than some of those girls listed?

ND, Cooper and NCC will have a better year than Ryle. Scherr and Schwartz are capable but get any fouls on them and they are in serious trouble. Also, a good 'big' combined with decent guards will create matchup nightmares for Ryle. Zero depth and I understand McGregor has very little interest in playing.

 

Some valid points, but they also have Douthit. And they do have a couple other athletes there. They aren't going to field a team of tree stumps. Some of those kids just didn't get to play because of the class that was there. And don't they still have Ast? If she's still playing, that's 4 solid ball players without counting any of the other athletes they have.

 

I think there are big question marks that have to be answered with NCC and ND before we can predict their outcomes.

 

That's all you have to say after I give you all that???

 

First, I'd ask "what EYBL team are you talking about when you say "the EYBL team"?

 

Secondly, I'm using EYBL to talk about events or meaning travel ball. Everyone calls it something different. I just listed that to describe "competitive bball" or "whatever you want to call it".

 

 

Yes, that is all I responded to because I know that no member of HHS was on either EYBL team. If you are referring to the events that 95% of the girls that played this summer attended and played in, what separates the HHS girls form the others who also played in the same tourneys???? Nothing.

 

Also, maybe your idea of athletic and mine are completely different.

So the Hurst girl from Conner isn't better than some of those girls listed?

 

She's a really nice player but I'm not sure she's the best on that Conner team or even the best in

Her class on that team. That's not a put down. Conner has some really nice players!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.