Louisville 59 Marshall 28

hrcarrier

Overall, the Cards looked good. It was 52-7 at the end of the third. One of Marshall's touchdowns in the 4th quarter was off of a fumble recovery that was ran in after being picked up. Lamar Jackson threw for 417 yards with 5 touchdowns and one interception. He also rushed for 62 yards and two touchdowns. Brandon Radcliffe also had a nice night running for 131 yards on 19 carries and a touchdown.

On to Death Valley next weekend, can't wait!

Slightly concerned about pass blocking with Clemson's defensive front looming. Thought adjustments would be made at half but weren't. It was as if a couple of the lineman visited the Golden Corral just before kickoff and loaded up.

Or, perhaps I'm being overly picky.

This is a significant win for UL because they dominated a team even when they weren't playing well. That is what good teams do. Jackson was more of a passer than a runner and I suspect that was by Petrino's design. Jackson would not be putting up the numbers he is if he were playing for a coach other than Petrino. Having Jackson and the other skill players at his disposal, Petrino must feel like a mad scientist concocting all kinds of devilish plays to be used at the most unexpected times. TE Cole Hikutini made some nice catches.

Louisville needed this game. Marshall focused on eliminating Jackson running, so the Cards had to deal with a little bit of adversity in a hostile environment. I much prefer this over an absolute slaughtering, as there are several areas for improvement and plenty for Bobby to be ticked about. :lol2: