Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4A #2 Wayne County at 4A #7 Rockcastle County

Wayne County/Rockcastle County Predictions 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Wayne County/Rockcastle County Predictions

    • Wayne County
      80%
    • Rockcastle County
      19%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who do you think wins and why?

Rockcastle County gave Wayne County a scare in last year's playoffs. Both teams have gotten better. My heart says Rock, my head says Wayne.

 

I'll go out on a limb and predict a Rock win only because I want them to. I have noften empirical data nor gameplan that says Rock will win. I just think they will.

If Wayne Co plays anything like they have so far this season they will roll easily. No disrespect to Rock, just a ton of respect for the way the Cardinals are playing.

Only thing for certain is it will be a very hard hitting game.

 

Did Wayne lose a lot from last year?

Wayne Co. 28-14.

Not a lot of chatter about this game that will decide the dist champ.

Rock 21

Wayne 46

This will be a clash of the titans. Wayne county has yet to face a defense even remotely as good as Rock's. Wayne county is a run first team just like Rockcastle. Wayne county stats prove that thru 6 games they have rushed for 1300 yards. Thru 5 we have rushed for 1137. Our defense has given up 192 rushing yards. Wayne county will not score no 40+ points. We haven't give up that much in one game all year. This is going to be a battle that is every bit as close as the game we just played with Somerset Friday night. There wasn't 30 points scored on us by Wayne county last year in either game this year is no different. Rock's defense is for real and i guess they will just have to show it again as they have for the past 5 weeks.

 

Rock 28

Wayne 20

Did any of you watch or follow the games last season? I will repeat that Rock lost two games AT WAYNE COUNTY last season by 8 points and by 3 points. If the games were that close for Rock on the road, why would they lose by 24 or 28 points?

 

Don't get me wrong, Wayne County, to me, is the favorite to win the Region. However, they are not 24-28 points better than Rock or Knox. Are they the better team? I think so.... for now. If I was making betting odds I would say Wayne County is a 4 point road favorite. Do I think Rock has the chance to win? Absolutely! Rock was decimated with injuries last season but that helped them to develop the depth for this season. Is Wayne the better team today? Yes.

 

I'm with @RoCkMaN28 on this, this will be a close game. I too will predict a Rock win but I think these teams match up well together. Honestly, one team may win tonight and the other team could win the Regional playoff game. They, to me, are that close.

Both teams have a good running game but both can stop the run. I am going to go with Wayne Co. for no reason just flipped a coin.

 

Wayne Co. 14

Rockcastle Co. 13

Not sure Rock has the Offensive Firepower to take this one

 

This is a very good Wayne team.

 

Wayne 28-13

only 2 days away and we have mixed opinions on who is going to win and by how much. Some say Wayne in a close game some call a running clock. I still feel this is going to determine who wins the district and has home field advantage come the playoffs. I have looked over and comb thru everything with a fine tooth comb and still feel that Rock has more than a punchers chance in this game and honestly don't see how anyone can say this game is going to be a blowout. If neither team turns over the ball more than a time or two this game is going to come down to the 4th quarter and live up to the billing. Last season Rock hung tough and lost the first meeting 21-13 and lost a heart breaker in the playoffs 27-24. Both meetings were at Wayne county and coming into this season Rock is 3-0 at home and are going to be as fired up as Wayne county should be a classic battle for the district!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.