Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Clay at Bell Co. Predictions

Featured Replies

I can't believe there isn't a thread on this already. This is one of the games this weekend that I am most looking forward to.

 

Can Bell Co. win this game at home? Is Henry Clay that good this year that they can roll up into the Mountains and win in a very tough place?

 

What are your thoughts?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Am I the only one that cares about this battle between 2 Top 10 teams (in their classes)?

I seen Henry Clay play Pikeville and was'nt that impressed. But then they blow Boyle out. Bell struggled with Whitley because of there turnovers. Bell has had an off weak the game being at Bell. So I think mountain teams always play the lexington teams tough.

BELL 28

HENRY CLAY 22:fight:

Am I the only one that cares about this battle between 2 Top 10 teams (in their classes)?

 

I believe Bell Co. has the offense to keep them in the game -- that is, keep Henry Clay's offense off the field by playing ball control. If Bell Co. can put a few 12-15 play drives together, they have a shot. An outside shot, but a shot.

If Bell can sustain long drives and limit the big plays of Henry Clay then they have a good chance of staying in this game. It also doesn't hurt that this game is in Middlesboro. I think Bell keeps it close through the first half but HC pulls away 28-14.

Henry Clay is loaded!!! If Bell can beat 3A better watch out.

Henry Clay 42

Bell Co. 18

It's hard to go into "Hilton Suites" and win a game.

Henry Clay 28-20.

I agree with h.s. sportsbest on this: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ISN'T THE MOST ACTIVE THREAD AT THE MOMENT!!! This should be a HUGE game. I'm coming all the way from Indianapolis to watch the game! Although I must admit I'm a '94 graduate of Bell High and was a memeber of the '91 State Championship team, so everyone should know who I"m pulling for. To me, this is the classic Mountain Men Vs. City Boys showdown. I know Henry Clay is loaded, and extremely talented. I know Bell County is under the guidance of the state's best coach (IMO) and Bell always plays sound, fundamental, tough-nosed football. I think this will be one of the best games in the state on Friday.

 

My Prediction:

 

Bell Co. - 28

Henry Clay - 24

I don't think Bell Co., has a legitimate shot, unless, Minnifield and Jeter and Boyd don't play. Bell Co., is a good solid team, but we went into the "Hilton Suites" and whipped Bell Co., in '99. Henry Clay has way too much speed to lose this game. Bell Co., is a very solid team, and are always extremely well coached and that will allow them to stay close, until the superior depth and speed of Henry Clay prevail.

 

Henry Clay 35

Bell Co. 17

Henry Clay - 40

Bell County - 22

This is a chance for Bell to prove that they are the team everyone thought that they would be. If they can win this game it will go along way to tell how good of a team they will be this year. Like to see the mountain team pull this one out but I believe that HC just has to much firepower on the offensive side of the ball. My prediction:

 

HC: 35

Bell Co.: 21

Henry Clay could win this on by 2 touchdowns if the ball bounces their way.

Special teams play could make a real difference. Bell needs to keep the ball out of Minnefield's hands and stop returns. Touchbacks on kickoff, solid coverage on punt returns will do the trick. Hard for Minnefield to do damage if cannot get the ball. Kicking game could be real factor. Bell's young kicker had a FG up in Lexington last year against HC. Opened season for Bobcats with field goal last game. Could be factor if game is close. Bell's defense showed real promise in opener. INT's and hard hits could slow down fast receivers. Running game is strong with multiple backs in the stables. TR is getting better all the time. Kyle Nelson is a much better passing QB than most give him credit for, since has led a run dominated offense. Look for great game from Nelson. Bobcats lost last year in Lexington but game was closer than score indicated. HC is down. Bell is young. Two weeks to prepare...??? This one should prove interesting. Welcome to Bobcat football on Log Mountain!

Bell 30

HC 28

If Bell can sustain long drives and limit the big plays of Henry Clay then they have a good chance of staying in this game. It also doesn't hurt that this game is in Middlesboro. I think Bell keeps it close through the first half but HC pulls away 28-14.
The game is on Log Mountain about 5 miles outside of Pineville.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.