Is Highlands scoring 53 on Simon a Moral Victory?

theguru

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No moral victories. Just means Simon Kenton has a terrible defense. Highlands is just worse.

I have had deep thoughts about this. I don't necessarily think that SK's defense is that bad. Yes, giving up 53 to HHS is not good but I firmly believe that SK walked into this game thinking that it would be a CAKE walk. I also don't think that they were prepared for how good the HHS offense really is. (I saw that for myself tonight.) Gosney is an athlete. SK thumped HHS last year for the most part because of Hergott's 6 INT's. This HHS team is better and Gosney is a way better QB now than Hergott will ever be. SK has held a couple good teams to lower point totals. They have a lot of work to do though to get anywhere near last year's SK defense.

I have had deep thoughts about this. I don't necessarily think that SK's defense is that bad. Yes, giving up 53 to HHS is not good but I firmly believe that SK walked into this game thinking that it would be a CAKE walk. I also don't think that they were prepared for how good the HHS offense really is. (I saw that for myself tonight.) Gosney is an athlete. SK thumped HHS last year for the most part because of Hergott's 6 INT's. This HHS team is better and Gosney is a way better QB now than Hergott will ever be. SK has held a couple good teams to lower point totals. They have a lot of work to do though to get anywhere near last year's SK defense.

deep thoughts.jpg

6 interceptions? Wow I didn't realize it was that bad. Gosney does a great job and if he was 6'4 like Hergott would be even better.

The Birds offense was the best I've seen all year last night. They took care of the ball and mixed big plays with decent drives. SK has some nice size but were not fast enoughlast night. They simply outscored the Birds.

None of the top tier programs are going to fear either of these teams, atleast this year. Anyone going to score 50+ on any of the big boys? Anyone going to allow 70? Its almost comical. Both of these teams will get beat by running clock in the playoffs

That statement is just as foolish this year as I told people it was last year.

I'll make the same offer. Care for an avatar wager?

Interesting that you bring that up. I said to someone last night that last year Highlands moved the ball really well against Simon Kenton, but there were 6 interceptions, 3 or 4 of which were deep in SK territory if I remember correctly. Do not believe that Hergott threw all of them however. Think Gosney may have thrown one very late in the game.

That statement is just as foolish this year as I told people it was last year.

I'll make the same offer. Care for an avatar wager?

Agreed. However, Highlands could make the semifinals again this year, only with cross-bracketing they'll face Bowling Green instead of a lesser quality eastern Kentucky 5A team. I would predict it, but I could see the Purples running the clock on the Birds.