Which 3A Team Stays Undefeated the Longest?

gchs_uk9

Who Remains Undefeated the Longest?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Remains Undefeated the Longest?

There are currently five teams in Class 3A that are undefeated: Adair County, Bardstown, Belfry, Casey County, and Corbin. Obviously only one, if that, could finish the year undefeated, but which will remain undefeated the longest?

ADAIR COUNTY

Sept. 23 - Kentucky Country Day

Sept. 30 - at Edmonson County

Oct. 14 - at Elizabethtown

Oct. 21 - Hart County

Oct. 28 - at Casey County

BARDSTOWN

Sept. 23 - at Henry County

Sept. 30 - at Waggener

Oct. 7 - Moore

Oct. 14 - Central

Oct. 21 - at Thomas Nelson

Oct. 28 - at Allen County-Scottsville

BELFRY

Sept. 23 - at Knoxville Catholic (TN)

Sept. 30 - Cabell Midland (WV)

Oct. 7 - at Lawrence County

Oct. 14 - Warrensville Heights (OH)

Oct. 21 - Pike County Central

Oct. 28 - at Johnson Central

CASEY COUNTY

Sept. 24 - vs. Ballard Memorial (@ Warren Central)

Sept. 30 - Bell County

Oct. 14 - at Jackson County

Oct. 21 - Corbin

Oct. 28 - Adair County

CORBIN

Sept. 23 - vs. Mayfield (@ Lindsey Wilson)

Sept. 30 - Jackson County

Oct. 14 - Bell County

Oct. 21 - at Casey County

Oct. 28 - at Knox Central

It's gotta be Belfry, right?

Maybe, but Belfry also has the toughest schedule. Games at Knoxville Central and Johnson Central will be difficult, and the season-ender with Johnson Central has occasionally been a "throw off" game for one or both teams. Picking the team that lasts the longest also has to take on situations and scenarios.

Belfry is the dog. IF not belfry I agree with the order snakes lined out. Casey is impressive but play a tough post season when trying to advance. Adair has to get through a quality KCD, then win a district AT elizabethtown, then beat one of the scoring-est casey teams we have ever seen. Bardstown has a tank of a schedule left and could go down as soon as Waggener. Corbin is second alone and waiting for Belfry to slip

Maybe, but Belfry also has the toughest schedule. Games at Knoxville Central and Johnson Central will be difficult, and the season-ender with Johnson Central has occasionally been a "throw off" game for one or both teams. Picking the team that lasts the longest also has to take on situations and scenarios.

See, that's the thing. I looked at the schedule and instantly thought "Geez, Belfry could easily lose this weekend. But, I mean, it feels wrong to pick that." I made my pick already, and I'm going with it. Belfry is my ride or die!

If Corbin wins this week, then they should cruise through the rest of the regular season and the first 3 weeks of the playoffs.

Belfry could lose 3 of their remaining 6 games, their schedule is that good. And they would still likely be the best 3A team in KY.

Watsui, is Knoxville Catholic considered the top team in Tennessee regardless of class? If so I would think that would be Belfry's biggest obstacle to an undefeated season. I think they have Johnson Central's number this year.

I'm not Watusi, but I'll answer what I know:

In the state AP poll, Knoxville Catholic is ranked #1 in Class 4A.

On Calpreps, which combines all schools into one class, Knoxville Catholic is ranked #3 behind Brentwood Academy (AP #1 in Division II) and Oakland (#2 in Class 6A).

I think by any measure, Knoxville Catholic is a top five team in the entire state of Kentucky.