Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X vs. Fern Creek

Featured Replies

Brian Hines is the freshman and he threw for three TDs in his opening game. He's a freak athlete and has a lot of potential!

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Hines is the freshman and he threw for three TDs in his opening game. He's a freak athlete and has a lot of potential!

Isn't this the young man that... Oh well, skip it.

Isn't this the young man that... Oh well, skip it.

His dad went to Trinity and McQuire courted him pretty hard(took test at Trinity) but I guess they changed their mind.

Interesting ...

 

Sounds like the young man has a lot of potential and skill for his age. How big is he?

Fern Creek also has a new Def. Coord this year in LaKunta Farmer. A former Male player who played & learned Bobby Redman's 8 man front pressure defense and has a lot of experience in playing against the mighty X offense. He came over from Ballard HS where he helped the defense there for several years before going to Creek. I think with Fern Creek's youth they will be very tough in the coming years. This is a defense (as most know) that relies heavily on speed and Fern Creek has that and continues to get more. I think X's depth, discipline and experience wins big on this one, and its not like X is known for having down games after big wins. So I expect that this really wont be close at all...but Fern Creek will be ready. Freshmen players typically dont do well against teams like St. X so this new QB will get an important lesson from this game. Im going to say X wins this one 51-14.

Crystal ball says only thing running faster than the X backs will be the clock in the second half (if not sooner). Xgrad says Xdudes win this one..... 58-7.

I don't see this as being a big blowout, so call it St. X. 33 Fern Creek 14.

 

Any other year, I would have said 35-14 instead of 33-14. This year, however, our extra point team is so atrocious that we'll have a couple blocked or missed...not good. :irked:

I don't see this as being a big blowout, so call it St. X. 33 Fern Creek 14.

 

Any other year, I would have said 35-14 instead of 33-14. This year, however, our extra point team is so atrocious that we'll have a couple blocked or missed...not good. :irked:

 

Maybe this week we will see improvement!!!! It would be a comfort to know that we made at least 50% of our PAT's in one game. I agree, lots of room for improvement. Time will help.!!!

Did FC and X play a JV game Monday?

Maybe this week we will see improvement!!!! It would be a comfort to know that we made at least 50% of our PAT's in one game. I agree, lots of room for improvement. Time will help.!!!

This is why we need it to be a blowout. So the special teams can get in more practice on a real goalpost instead of kicking the ball into the trees.;)

Right now, I'm thinking 38-7 as a final. Offense continues to improve their game while the defensive secondary gets to work out the kinks and practice what they learned this week. I don't see the Creek doing much damage with their running game.

I don't see this as being a big blowout, so call it St. X. 33 Fern Creek 14.

 

Any other year, I would have said 35-14 instead of 33-14. This year, however, our extra point team is so atrocious that we'll have a couple blocked or missed...not good. :irked:

 

 

Ox, once again we are very close in our prediction. This is getting scary. :scared:

 

By the way, when will the BGP 4A rankings be updated?

Did FC and X play a JV game Monday?

no canceled due to rain @ FC

This is why we need it to be a blowout. So the special teams can get in more practice on a real goalpost instead of kicking the ball into the trees.;)

Right now, I'm thinking 38-7 as a final. Offense continues to improve their game while the defensive secondary gets to work out the kinks and practice what they learned this week. I don't see the Creek doing much damage with their running game.

 

I've heard this tree story a few too many times. Are we expected to believe that with all of St.X's resources they are suffering kicking extra points because of a lack of goalposts? Seems to me they must have removed some during "project X". Couldn't they rig up some reasonable target with those? How about kicking over at Manual Stadium? How about at a gradeschool such as St.Agnes? Just wondering.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.