Negotiating with DirecTV

LRCW

My brother in law called me up the other night, and asked if I had received an email from DirecTv thanking me for being a loyal customer, and offering me free Sunday Ticket. I told him that I had not, and that I would call them and ask for free Sunday Ticket for being a loyal customer as well. The first customer service rep I talked to told me he couldn't offer me Sunday Ticket for free, but that he could give me a free equipment upgrade including the Genie receiver where you can record up to 6 shows at the same time. I told him I wasn't interested in an equipment upgrade, that I was happy with my equipment, and that if he couldn't offer me the free Sunday Ticket to please transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor at first offered me the same equipment upgrade, and when I told him the same thing, and that I wanted the same deal as my brother in law, he then offered me Sunday Ticket at half price, only $30 for 4 months. I told him that still wasn't good enough, and that if he couldn't give me Sunday Ticket for free to please transfer me to the Retention Department. I told the lady with the Retention department that I was extremely dissatisfied that I had been a loyal DirecTV customer for years, that I also had AT&T cell service, and also AT&T UVerse internet service, and that I would like to receive Sunday Ticket for free. She proceeded to tell me that she couldn't give me Sunday Ticket for free, but she could give it to me for half price ( $30 for 4 months) and that she could also give me a $40 credit for 12 months. So I negotiated a deal where DirecTV will pay me $360 to receive Sunday Ticket. How you like that @SnottieDrippen? :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:lol2:

I'm not even sure how that's possible. It's a far better product than cable or DISH, and the customer service blows everyone else out of the water. It is typically more expensive though.

I always tell them that too. I say I don't want to leave, but you guys are getting too expensive. It's a great product, you are likely going to pay a little extra for it.

I always tell them that too. I say I don't want to leave, but you guys are getting too expensive. It's a great product, you are likely going to pay a little extra for it.

Same here. I always tell them how satisfied I am with the service, but I can get the same programming for quite a bit cheaper elsewhere. They always end up knocking a pretty nice chunk off the price.

My brother in law called me up the other night, and asked if I had received an email from DirecTv thanking me for being a loyal customer, and offering me free Sunday Ticket. I told him that I had not, and that I would call them and ask for free Sunday Ticket for being a loyal customer as well. The first customer service rep I talked to told me he couldn't offer me Sunday Ticket for free, but that he could give me a free equipment upgrade including the Genie receiver where you can record up to 6 shows at the same time. I told him I wasn't interested in an equipment upgrade, that I was happy with my equipment, and that if he couldn't offer me the free Sunday Ticket to please transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor at first offered me the same equipment upgrade, and when I told him the same thing, and that I wanted the same deal as my brother in law, he then offered me Sunday Ticket at half price, only $30 for 4 months. I told him that still wasn't good enough, and that if he couldn't give me Sunday Ticket for free to please transfer me to the Retention Department. I told the lady with the Retention department that I was extremely dissatisfied that I had been a loyal DirecTV customer for years, that I also had AT&T cell service, and also AT&T UVerse internet service, and that I would like to receive Sunday Ticket for free. She proceeded to tell me that she couldn't give me Sunday Ticket for free, but she could give it to me for half price ( $30 for 4 months) and that she could also give me a $40 credit for 12 months. So I negotiated a deal where DirecTV will pay me $360 to receive Sunday Ticket. How you like that @SnottieDrippen? :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:lol2:

47e1df37bbb1bc579da2bd33c973c837.png

For example, my TV in my bedroom is a wall mount and I don't have to worry about where to put the receiver.

Doesn't that require running a lot of cable. With Direct Tv's Genie system, you can get the small wireless box, that you simply mount behind the TV. It's a 5 minute job. Plus doing it this way allows both TV's to access HD. With the two tuner Dish receiver, only one of the outputs is HD.