Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 53 South Laurel 6

Featured Replies

  • Author
Mercer's enrollment with the merger is just over 900, as are a couple others that are currently playing in 2A (Western, Lone Oak, etc.). So technically, they have small 3A #s, not 4A. So, the next time, check your facts...

 

Secondly, if your assumption of Mercer being a 4A school playing in 2A were true, they still just beat a reigning 4A district champ 53-6....at least get your facts straight...

 

Absolutely correct on the attendance info, ... however, since we are talking facts, ... South Laurel was not their district champ in 2005. They were #2 in their district last year (Mad Ctrl was #1), have a new coach, new linemen, new RB, and lost 3 top notch wide receivers.

 

But let me say this again, .... Mercer is for real! The SL commentators were falling over themselves about just how good they are!

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not whining, Mercer will be 5A next year. South is 4A this year and will be 5A next year as well, if I'm not mistaken they will be in the same district:

 

5A -- District 7 -- Lincoln Co., Mercer Co., Pulaski Co., South Laurel, Southwestern

 

Not a bad district for you guys, should probably finish 1, 2 or 3 each year.

 

Currently Mercer (consolidated) has an average enrollment of 515 males, which puts you ahead of teams such as Rockcastle (480), Boyle (455), LexCath (452), Russell (366), Belfry (354). I guess Mercer would be 3A this year, my bad.

 

Enjoy your quest for a 2A state championship this year and 5A next.......

Good for Mercer .... For this team to achieve it's potential they have to play in some tough games during the season to get battle tested .. Who does Mercer have left that can beat them or has a good chance to ? These are the games that build a team ...

Other than Ashland , Russell has no one the rest of the way , this is a concern , how about Mercer ?

 

If I was at Mercer , I'd schedule a sat scrimmage during the season with St X , if that's what it took to really find out what I had ...

Good for Mercer .... For this team to achieve it's potential they have to play in some tough games during the season to get battle tested .. Who does Mercer have left that can beat them or has a good chance to ? These are the games that build a team ...

Other than Ashland , Russell has no one the rest of the way , this is a concern , how about Mercer ?

 

If I was at Mercer , I'd schedule a sat scrimmage during the season with St X , if that's what it took to really find out what I had ...

 

 

Well we do have Boyle co. But, they got waxed last night. We will have to wait and see there. Newport is suppose to battle us for the district title. But, I don't know about that now. Will have to wait and see. I don't think Lloyd can give us much of a game because they are rebuilding. So we may have the same dilemma as Russell. But I will have to clear somthing up. Mercer has had that reputation of being soft on defense in the past and they were. This team is anything but that. This defense is physical and VERY athletic. The defense isn't getting any attention at all and they have been solid. SL has a great QB and I think Mercer did a fine job against him. But once again, hats off to Jackson and Ford. You have to see Jackson(#2) in person to realize how fast he is. If he gets one step on you I don't care who you are. You aint gonna catch him. Good luck the rest of the way cardinals. I think you guys have a ton of potential on the offensive side of the ball.

If I was at Mercer , I'd schedule a sat scrimmage during the season with St X , if that's what it took to really find out what I had ...

 

 

We want to keep our confidence. That might be a little too much right now. I don't know.

Good for Mercer .... For this team to achieve it's potential they have to play in some tough games during the season to get battle tested .. Who does Mercer have left that can beat them or has a good chance to ? These are the games that build a team ...

Other than Ashland , Russell has no one the rest of the way , this is a concern , how about Mercer ?

 

If I was at Mercer , I'd schedule a sat scrimmage during the season with St X , if that's what it took to really find out what I had ...

 

 

:laugh:

 

They play the way thay played last night, It would be a very good game!!!!!!!:D

I thought that Mercer had a great crowd last night. The more they win the easier the merger transition will be. I think the community has really embraced them so far. I see big things for this team this year. It's early but I think we have the tools to make it to Lousiville.

Mercer's enrollment with the merger is just over 900, as are a couple others that are currently playing in 2A (Western, Lone Oak, etc.). So technically, they have small 3A #s, not 4A. So, the next time, check your facts...

 

Secondly, if your assumption of Mercer being a 4A school playing in 2A were true, they still just beat a reigning 4A district champ 53-6....at least get your facts straight...

 

Good post.

Was wondering...because I saw Holmes play last night, and they looked horrendous in losing to Holy Cross.

Didn't know if Mercer was that good or if SL was not playing up to par.

I guess the shine is definitely off the Holmes win, for Holmes fans that is.

 

 

I think the score was 26 to 27 WHAT A BLOWOUT:rolleyes:

Mercer County has a cakewalk to the state championship game in AA. The may even win the championship by 4+ TD's...they are that good. Will they be challenged all season?????

 

Very impressed with their new fieldhouse as well.

Marty Jaggers for president !!!!!!!!

 

Marty has done a masterful job of combining two hostile groups , that is more that George W has done..

 

Marty is the man...

 

 

Where do you get "two hostile groups"? These kids have been friends for a long time and I've never seen orheard of any hostility? Coach Jaggers has done a wonderful job, but he has also surrounded himself with a great staff. I'm very proud to see how the community has come together to support the Titans. Last night's crowd was big and only going to get bigger. Can't wait until Boyle comes to town - it will be packed!

Jackson and Ford big nights, but Nathan Griffith is the unsung hero, great blocks all night Nathan, to spring some big plays. Chris Lewis again was big on D.

this score didn't suprise me, i have said all pre-season that Mercer Co. is one of the best teams in the state.

  • Author

The SL radio commentators actually stated that they believed that SL played much better in the Mercer game then in the Holmes game, but that Mercer was just that impressive. They had a bad feeling when on the opening kickoff, there was a whistle for offsides against Mercer and their comments were "It is a good thing for South that there was a flag on that play. At least 5 Cardinal players were put on their tails on the initial surge from the Mercer kick coverage team."

The SL radio commentators actually stated that they believed that SL played much better in the Mercer game then in the Holmes game, but that Mercer was just that impressive. They had a bad feeling when on the opening kickoff, there was a whistle for offsides against Mercer and their comments were "It is a good thing for South that there was a flag on that play. At least 5 Cardinal players were put on their tails on the initial surge from the Mercer kick coverage team."

 

 

You know when they had their first scrimmage against Somerset I left unimpressed. I guess they were just getting a feel for each other. But everytime they have took the field in the following scrimmages and early on in the season I have seen a massive improvement every time. This team is monsterous! They will get better all season. They didn't attempt a pass last night and this team can put the ball in the air. But, when you are averaging about 15 yards a carry you don't need to. Wait till Walker comes back next week. He rushed for 1400+ yards last season himself. Griffith had 900 and then you have burners like Ford and Jackson who had over a 1000 apiece and are both almost halfway there already, It's scary. The defense had 8 sacks. They play with so much agression and they fed off the huge crowd last night. They will flat out hit you in the mouth. We have 17 seniors. But this team will reload next season. They have tons of talent. I think people will be mistaken if they expect anything close to the old Mercer. We traded our scottie dog for a sword and a cannon. You know after Alvis left the Harrodsburg program alot of the kids stopped coming out. But the numbers in the middle school programs are huge right now. The future is bright.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.