Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 53 South Laurel 6

Featured Replies

Well we do have Boyle co. But, they got waxed last night. We will have to wait and see there. Newport is suppose to battle us for the district title. But, I don't know about that now. Will have to wait and see. I don't think Lloyd can give us much of a game because they are rebuilding. So we may have the same dilemma as Russell. But I will have to clear somthing up. Mercer has had that reputation of being soft on defense in the past and they were. This team is anything but that. This defense is physical and VERY athletic. The defense isn't getting any attention at all and they have been solid. SL has a great QB and I think Mercer did a fine job against him. But once again, hats off to Jackson and Ford. You have to see Jackson(#2) in person to realize how fast he is. If he gets one step on you I don't care who you are. You aint gonna catch him. Good luck the rest of the way cardinals. I think you guys have a ton of potential on the offensive side of the ball.

 

If Mercer's past teams were so soft on defense I wonder how it is that last year's team still managed to stop the combined efforts of Ford and Jackson when they were at Harrodsburg? I'm starting to believe that coaching has a little to do with it.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Mercer had a very good team last year (10-2 I believe). And now with the addition of even more talent who all seem to be playing together as one cohesive unit, ... they are very dangerous. They will flat out hit you in the mouth and make you like it! I would never give anyone a cakewalk to a state title, but this team has to be one of the favorites in 2A this season.

Mercer had a very good team last year (10-2 I believe). And now with the addition of even more talent who all seem to be playing together as one cohesive unit, ... they are very dangerous. They will flat out hit you in the mouth and make you like it! I would never give anyone a cakewalk to a state title, but this team has to be one of the favorites in 2A this season.

Buy didn't Mercer lose their entire offensive line from last season. That was one big group.

Buy didn't Mercer lose their entire offensive line from last season. That was one big group.

 

But they gained a whole school, I think they might have found some replacements.:rolleyes:

But they gained a whole school, I think they might have found some replacements.:rolleyes:

I think your missing the point. The strength of Mercer's team last year, IMO, was a HUGE offensive line. I am sure they have replacements but it is very rare to see a high school offensive line with the size of the one the Scotties put on the field last season.

Im not missing the point and I undertsand what you are saying, but they must be pretty good again this year to be blowing these teams away, my only beef is that they really wont have to play anyone to test them til playoff time.

I would say they are very good this year. BTW Chris Lewis to me was the most impressive player for Mercer when I saw them. Truely one of the most underated players in the state.

Again......does anyone want to tell me and the rest of the BGP crew who aren't in the know what kind of offense and defense Mercer Co. runs?

 

Thanks in advance.:thumb:

Again......does anyone want to tell me and the rest of the BGP crew who aren't in the know what kind of offense and defense Mercer Co. runs?

 

Thanks in advance.:thumb:

 

Mercer runs the WISHBONE, as a matter of fact, they didnt run any other formations, but the "bone" against S.Laurel. Mercer never attempted a pass the other nite, 577 total yards offense, 577 yds. rushing.

Where do you get "two hostile groups"? These kids have been friends for a long time and I've never seen orheard of any hostility? Coach Jaggers has done a wonderful job, but he has also surrounded himself with a great staff. I'm very proud to see how the community has come together to support the Titans. Last night's crowd was big and only going to get bigger. Can't wait until Boyle comes to town - it will be packed!

I can't wait too, by the way,congratulations on your big win over South Laural.:thumb:

I can't wait too, by the way,congratulations on your big win over South Laural.:thumb:

 

I hear they are bringing in extra bleachers for the Boyle game. The Rebels will bring alot of fans.

I hear they are bringing in extra bleachers for the Boyle game. The Rebels will bring alot of fans.

I have also heard that the juggers will be there too.:D

Mercer runs the WISHBONE, as a matter of fact, they didnt run any other formations, but the "bone" against S.Laurel. Mercer never attempted a pass the other nite, 577 total yards offense, 577 yds. rushing.

 

Gracis, sir, gracias!!!!

Gracis, sir, gracias!!!!

 

 

Im a little behind on my spanish, so, You're welcome sir, you're welcome!:jump:

I am going to make it a point to go watch Mercer. They should make a run at the state title.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.