Ashland 8 Russell 7

GOREDDEVILS

There is a reason both teams have a high point total of 13 for a game this season. Bad offense. This was a big win, though, for Ashland to give them a shot at a decent season. In my opinion, a loss here would have cleared a lot of room for questions about the coaching and the handling of the QB situation. Russell will be fine going into district play because they play with a lot of effort.

Russell has to play West Carter and Fleming County in district. Both teams are fast and can score. I'm not sure Russell can keep up with them point wise. Yes, they have some weak teams ahead of them but they could end up a 3 seed in their district if they don't figure out their offensive woes.

Russell has to play West Carter and Fleming County in district. Both teams are fast and can score. I'm not sure Russell can keep up with them point wise. Yes, they have some weak teams ahead of them but they could end up a 3 seed in their district if they don't figure out their offensive woes.

Maybe West will have a chance to end the streak this year? Was hopeful last year, the heartbreaks of 2009 and 2010 were the only games that's been close.

It was a good game. Hard to watch at times, but glad to pull it out in the end. Ratliff did a good job taking them the length of the field. I did think Adkins needed to play either in the second or third quarter. But Ratliff played a really good game.

I was a little surprised not to see Adkins at some point last night. But, then again, Ratliff was under constant pressure and his escapability came in handy. Maybe Adkins could have made some throws, but I tend to think he would have been an easier target for Russell's pass rush.

Ashland's got an excellent collection of skill kids, especially with Roberts and Brown in the mix now. The OL however, will likely be an obstacle for those skill guys to overcome all season