Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Longest Streaks without a Losing Season

Featured Replies

The Highlands thread asking the last time the Bluebirds had a losing season (1955) got me wondering what teams hold the longest streaks without a losing season. This may be tough because there aren't many schools with their history readily available, but let's give it a try. I am guessing there are five, maybe even ten, that have streaks longer than ten years. Let's start out trying to find teams that have gone at least ten years without a losing season.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity has only had one losing season since 1971 (5-6 in 1995).

I'd imagine Mayfield hasn't had many losing seasons either, but there doesn't appear to be a year-by-year breakdown on their otherwise impressive team website.

  • Author
I'd imagine Mayfield hasn't had many losing seasons either, but there doesn't appear to be a year-by-year breakdown on their otherwise impressive team website.

 

That will be the challenge in this thread - getting those year by year results.

 

It looks like we can get back to 1990 on the KHSAA site - go to football records and it has year by year results back to 1990:

 

http://khsaa.org/sports/fall/football/

That will be the challenge in this thread - getting those year by year results.

 

It looks like we can get back to 1990 on the KHSAA site - go to football records and it has year by year results back to 1990:

 

Football | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

 

I have tons of information on things like this at home, but these threads always pop up while I'm at work! :lol2:

  • Author

Since 2010, 32 schools have not had a losing season. I don't have time to list them, but can do that later. I pulled that off the KHSAA site above.

St. Xavier hasn't had a losing season since 1958 (or 1961, depending on how you view ties; they were 4-4-2 that year).

When was Beechwood's last losing season?

  • Author

I have the list down to ten teams with no losing seasons since 2000 and 5 teams with no losing seasons since 1990. We now know Highlands and St. X are two of the 5. I will let posters try to guess the other teams.

I have the list down to ten teams with no losing seasons since 2000 and 5 teams with no losing seasons since 1990. We now know Highlands and St. X are two of the 5. I will let posters try to guess the other teams.

 

Trinity

Beechwood

Mayfield

I am sure Mayfield is way up the list...

 

Belfry is on a 21 year stretch of winning seasons and a 22 year stretch of not having a losing record

 

They went 4-7 in 1993.

 

Prior to that their last losing season was 1983.

The Highlands thread asking the last time the Bluebirds had a losing season (1955) got me wondering what teams hold the longest streaks without a losing season. This may be tough because there aren't many schools with their history readily available, but let's give it a try. I am guessing there are five, maybe even ten, that have streaks longer than ten years. Let's start out trying to find teams that have gone at least ten years without a losing season.

 

What about the 2004 season (2-13) when Highlands had to forfeit those games. How does that figure in the KHSAA record books for losing seasons? Just asking...

I have the list down to ten teams with no losing seasons since 2000 and 5 teams with no losing seasons since 1990. We now know Highlands and St. X are two of the 5. I will let posters try to guess the other teams.

 

Bell County is one of them.

What about the 2004 season (2-13) when Highlands had to forfeit those games. How does that figure in the KHSAA record books for losing seasons? Just asking...

 

Thought those wins were restored.

I have the list down to ten teams with no losing seasons since 2000 and 5 teams with no losing seasons since 1990. We now know Highlands and St. X are two of the 5. I will let posters try to guess the other teams.

 

Beechwood

Mayfield

Trinity....my guesses

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.