S-E-C?

Jim Schue

Really doesn't matter how good a conference is or isn't. The only thing that matters is how good the best team is because the committee will never out 2

teams from the same conference in the playoffs. So whether the SEC has 4 great teams or not doesn't matter.

The SEC may not be the best conference this year, which is a good thing for college football. It's good for teams such as FSU, Texas & Notre Dame to be in the title hunt instead of the same conference dominating year after year.

I still believe that the SEC has the most NFL talent.

As of today the SEC has 7 teams ranked in the top 25. Impressive but for me the SEC isn't the same as it used to be even five years ago. They are still the best conference top to bottom but everyone else is catching up to them and it is good for college football.

I agree and I love that Clemson, FSU, UCLA, Wisconsin, North Carolina, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M and Ole Miss stepped up and played a good team right out of the box. I love seeing the best teams playing other good teams out of conference...it is refreshing.

I think the big conferences are as close to parity as they've been since I can remember.

But, at the end of the day, the playoffs took away the major impetus for conference chest-thumping, and that was the belief that good teams from a tough conference were disadvantaged compared to a good team from a light conference under the old BCS. Now that at least one team from a power conference (for the most part) gets a crack at the championship there's much less likely to be chips on peoples' shoulders about it.

At least that was the case for me. I don't remember caring all that much about conference superiority until the 2006 debate over who should get in the BCS title game. I remember Michigan and OSU fans collectively demanding a re-match for the title, all the while scoffing at "weak" Florida and their case for the spot. We saw how that turned out. After that it seemed ridiculous to treat the conferences as equals. Now it's relatively moot.

Without having any definition of what makes for a "great" conference or a time period I'm going to say of course the SEC is that great of a conference, none better.

However, that could change this year. Or not. I would not be surprised to see the ACC or B10 surpass them for this year but I'll wait for the season to play out.

The SEC may not be the best conference this year, which is a good thing for college football. It's good for teams such as FSU, Texas & Notre Dame to be in the title hunt instead of the same conference dominating year after year.

I still believe that the SEC has the most NFL talent.

Also, an SEC member is more likely than not to win the NCAA championship again.

As of today the SEC has 7 teams ranked in the top 25. Impressive but for me the SEC isn't the same as it used to be even five years ago. They are still the best conference top to bottom but everyone else is catching up to them and it is good for college football.

EXACTLY!