1A #5 Raceland at 4A Greenup County Predictions

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I agree with oldramber and the toss up........just don't know what to think about Greenup scoring 31 last week against a talented Fleming Co.....has the GC offense found itself? Raceland in a close one because the Rams O/D line has more depth than GC.

Greenup took advantage of short fields to score their 17 points on Flemings defense. I think their longest scoring drive (the field goal) they started around the 45.

They got 14 points off a pick six from a tipped pass and a kickoff return that sealed it.

Either they ran out of gas offensively or Fleming turned it up because they only had around 50 yards and a few first downs in the second half.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is too close to pick a decisive winner, imo. I do think Raceland pulls out the win though. While Greenup's defense is once again very solid, if not great, I think Raceland has enough offensive firepower to win the game. I'm not familiar with Greenup's O/D lines enough to comment on them, but Raceland has some really nice players up front. I do think Greenup's defense will cause the Ram's offense to struggle a bit, but at the same time I'm not sure Greenup's offense can muster enough points to win the game. So I'll take the Rams in a close, low scoring game.

I can envision Walker busting a long one and maybe Cam Webb getting behind the defense for a long TD reception. Other than that, I don't see a lot of big plays being given up in this one. Both teams play great defense, but Raceland has shown great balance so far this year on offense. I think they can mix it up enough to keep Greenup guessing. I'll give the Rams the edge in a close one. Something along the lines of 21-14.