1A #5 Raceland at 4A Greenup County Predictions

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before seeing both of these teams play, I figured this would be a battle. But now Im not so sure. It will with out a doubt be a very physical game, but Im not sold on GC yet. Not completely sold on my Rams and how good they are just yet. But, through 3 games, the Rams have been pretty consistent offensively and defensively they have been pretty much lightsout outside of a few broken plays. Greenup has a great corps of LBs and an absolute brute in Warnock at RB. I think this game is close, but Raceland's speed and depth upfront will be the difference.

Rams 38

Muskies 14

I am almost sold on Raceland being not only the best team in NEKY, but also legit contender for the 1A state title. Past Ram teams not living up to expectations makes me hesitate, though. This will be a good test against a fired up county rival who believes they can win and an ex-coach. A blowout here would be a statement win.

This one is literally a toss up. One certain bet is that Coach Grizzle will have his team ready, sky high. Raceland will have to control the l.o.s. and Not let GC get out to a fast start, jumping on them with a quick TD or two. GC has no shortage of talent, the cupboard was far from bare when Grizz took over.

Honestly, being at home, I would give GC the slight edge but have to go with the Rams O and D line, depth.

Raceland 20

GCHS 19

I agree with oldramber and the toss up........just don't know what to think about Greenup scoring 31 last week against a talented Fleming Co.....has the GC offense found itself? Raceland in a close one because the Rams O/D line has more depth than GC.