Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heroin Laced with ELEPHANT Tranquilizer Triggers Mass Overdoses Across Ohio

Featured Replies

Not buying that... Don't start doing drugs, don't become addicted nothing more simpler than that. You can think as you wish. I know a 100000000000% that if you dont take an addictive substance you don't become addicted to that substance. If you have no self control in the first place before the choice, you're probably a drain on society and family anyway. Not everyone should be patted on the back, coddled and told it's not your fault. If you start doing drugs it's YOUR fault. Not everyone can be saved from theirself. Stupid people do stupid things, oh well.

 

Tell that to the crack-addicts that were born as crack babies to addicts...Or to those who suffer from physical ailments that hinder them from getting any rest, relaxation, or sleep unless they're under the spell of extremely powerful pain medications.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell that to the crack-addicts that were born as crack babies to addicts...Or to those who suffer from physical ailments that hinder them from getting any rest, relaxation, or sleep unless they're under the spell of extremely powerful pain medications.

 

Whole different situation. We are not talking about neonatal addiction because of crackhead moms. Babies are not buying heroin and are not making a concious choice to do drugs the first time. These parents are some of the worst.

I heard on the radio this morning that there was another wave of overdoses in Montgomery County maybe. Anyone else heard that?

I am actually quite surprised at the refusal to admit that first time usage is on the person and not a "side affect" of the disease.

You should consider yourself lucky...today...but understand that addiction is also on a continuum. Just because you have the ability to "choose" today is not an indicator that you have no choice the next time. It doesn't work like that.

 

What you describe are high risk indicators of issues that you may have "under control" today, but may not in the future. You self regulate, that's a huge red flag. Just because you have control doesn't mean that every addict out there can fight that urge with the same thought process and action as you....

 

Not asking for sympathy and not calling any addict a victim, those getting healthy don't want to be called victims....but education for those that don't understand the disease is what is helpful in combating the entire epidemic.

 

Might not be backed by science, but I have a hard time calling alcoholism a disease. If you can't control your alcohol intake, don't drink it.

 

I must have a lot of red flags then, because I self regulate a lot of things in life, like speeding on the interstate, amount of times I eat fast food, how late I stay up, how much I drink. I self-regulate because of the consequences if I don't.

 

I personally believe it's a choice. You choose to drink. You choose to shoot up heroin. You choose to eat fast food daily.

I am actually quite surprised at the refusal to admit that first time usage is on the person and not a "side affect" of the disease.

 

That's the trend these days. Folks have a hard time admitting that their actions are what's the problem. They'd rather blame someone or something else.

I am actually quite surprised at the refusal to admit that first time usage is on the person and not a "side affect" of the disease.

 

That's the state of society, excuses for everyone. No personal responsibility needed.

I am actually quite surprised at the refusal to admit that first time usage is on the person and not a "side affect" of the disease.

 

First time usage is on the person. That's why I never used cocaine or heroin. I know I have an addictive personality and would be hooked. At the same time no one ever chooses to become addicted to anything. I know how the struggle to battle addiction can be. I never planned to smoke cigarettes for 15 years but it happened. You don't plan on becoming addicted but when it does happen it takes a lot mentally, physically and emotionally to escape it. Especially a drug like heroin. The mind of an addicted person is just so warped and out of touch with reality. It's sad to see and it's sad to experience it.

First, you are the one bringing the term "victim" into this discussion....

 

Secondly, your ability to rationally comprehend a construct is based on your ability to have rational thought...addiction doesn't work that way. It doesn't presuppose rationality as a precursor to a decision. It's not "normal" in it's thinking.

 

You minimize the concept of an overpowering force into platitudes of "jumping off bridges" and "fire is hot"....that is simple minded thinking in a complex disease.

 

It's just not that easy...but I will say again, until you have a deep down, up close, personal experience and can't make that make sense, and it affects you personally...you won't be inclined to see the fallacy in your thinking. I'm glad you don't have the street or personal experience in some ways, in other ways, it's sad that you may not see the indicators that are all around us.

 

I think this is what is altering your point of view, you have had a close personal experience with this terrible drug.

First time usage is on the person.

 

This has been my point the entire time.

 

That's why I never used cocaine or heroin. I know I have an addictive personality and would be hooked. At the same time no one ever chooses to become addicted to anything. I know how the struggle to battle addiction can be. I never planned to smoke cigarettes for 15 years but it happened. You don't plan on becoming addicted but when it does happen it takes a lot mentally, physically and emotionally to escape it. Especially a drug like heroin. The mind of an addicted person is just so warped and out of touch with reality. It's sad to see and it's sad to experience it.

 

My argument hasn't been that people choose to become addicted to a substance. I fully understand the severity and uncontrollable nature of addiction. But much like UKMF did, you're proving my point by saying you know you have an addictive personality, therefore you have chosen not to partake in things that would be harmful to you.

 

Some here refuse to accept the initial responsibility.

This has been my point the entire time.

 

 

 

My argument hasn't been that people choose to become addicted to a substance. I fully understand the severity and uncontrollable nature of addiction. But much like UKMF did, you're proving my point by saying you know you have an addictive personality, therefore you have chosen not to partake in things that would be harmful to you.

 

Some here refuse to accept the initial responsibility.

 

I already know how I can be. I do also understand how someone can be injured and have to take pain pills and how things can spiral out of control that way as well.

This has been my point the entire time.

 

 

 

My argument hasn't been that people choose to become addicted to a substance. I fully understand the severity and uncontrollable nature of addiction. But much like UKMF did, you're proving my point by saying you know you have an addictive personality, therefore you have chosen not to partake in things that would be harmful to you.

 

Some here refuse to accept the initial responsibility.

 

All about choice. You choose to give into the addiction at the early onset. Dont give into something you can't control and you won't get addicted to it.

The inability to get the pain pills you need is certainly a problem, one I have had personal experience with.

 

However, no matter how bad that problem is, the solution is never shoot up with heroin.

Sometimes you don't know that you have an addictive personality until you take that first drink, hit, bet, etc. That's when the demons hit you and you only think about the next drink, hit, bet, etc...

 

Look, I used to have little sympathy for drug users...until my cousin's son, Brian died from an overdose, my friend Beaver died from an overdose, my friend's son, Jacob Baumann died from an overdose (his funeral is today). These and others I've known who died from heroin weren't junkies. They were all fighting demons and lost the battle. They are the faces that make it personal now. If you don't know someone who has lost the battle against heroin, you are extremely lucky because it's everywhere.

 

Oh, and by the way, heroin isn't just shot up. You can snort it; you can sprinkle it on your weed and smoke it. That means your kid can be tricked into using it. Think about that.

 

^^^^^ THIS...

People that I have known were not what you might think look like a addict. Rather normal looking acting people.

 

9 overdoses the other night in our town with one death. The I64/I75 corridor from Huntington to Cincinnati is full of bad dope right now. Someone needs to find the clown cutting this bad dope and give him a few cc's.

A guy overdosed while driving on I-75 and I-275 yesterday. Somehow he managed to not hit any other vehicles but totaled his car and took out a good portion of the cable barrier on I-275 eastbound just before the Independence exit.

 

The squad was able to Narcan him and save his life. Per the usual he had just gotten heroin in Cincinnati and couldn't wait to use it. Really don't know how he didn't kill someone on the interstate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.