Jairus Brents - Waggener

Realreason

No offense to you, however you clearly are not in the business of evaluating talent. This young man is one of the best if not the best defensive backs to ever play in Kentucky.

That's pretty bold talk. I can think of a couple that I would have a hard time putting him in front of and they played against much better teams.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did not play the majority of the season due to a high ankle sprain that he suffered on the opening kickoff of the season. He played as much as he could, but was never over 70% and still did not allow a completion all year.

Thanks, varsityblues, just now learning about this young man. From original post thought he was an offensive jewel. Misinterpreted, my bad. Having had a high ankle sprain myself, I know how debilitating a Grade 2 or 3 can be. Stability took forever to come back for these old bones. Most misunderstood injury out there.

I find it comical that somehow because he isn't leading Waggener to the state title or his stats aren't good in some ppls eyes, that equates to him not being that good. News flash, Alabama doesn't recruit, they go find the best players and offer them, you don't pick them, they pick you. Much the same way Kentucky does in basketball. This kid is the real deal and will prove it when he hits the next level, regardless of what happens in his HS career. And for the doesn't pass the eye candy test folks.....he is the #1 2018 player in the state ( #2 is his teammate Tahj Rice) and the #19 CB in the country. Unlike basketball, 2 players a team doesn't make. Waggener for the most part is an average team trending toward good.

That's pretty bold talk. I can think of a couple that I would have a hard time putting him in front of and they played against much better teams.

He has played against the best and locked them down as a freshman, without any weight training. He has gone against all the top WRs in camps around the country. He still comes out on top. So not sure what else you would like the kid to prove for you. So let me rephrase. According to top college head coaches in this country, he is one of the top DBs to ever come out of Kentucky.

No offense to you, however you clearly are not in the business of evaluating talent. This young man is one of the best if not the best defensive backs to ever play in Kentucky.

Well obviously my talent evaluation skills probably shouldn't be called into question considering I've been watching the best DB in KY (playing at 70% mind you) playing against primarily running teams, and haven't had access to the "medicals" or the all-22 film. My bad. You have a dog in the fight - I don't. No need to get snippy. I too was thinking more offensively than defensively, but still...

Well obviously my talent evaluation skills probably shouldn't be called into question considering I've been watching the best DB in KY (playing at 70% mind you) playing against primarily running teams, and haven't had access to the "medicals" or the all-22 film. My bad. You have a dog in the fight - I don't. No need to get snippy. I too was thinking more offensively than defensively, but still...

I led my statement with "no offense". That should excuse any of the negative comment correct? :idunno: My apologies for being defensive of my players, didn't mean to offend you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
thought I would post a few more offers he has received lately

West Virginia

University Southern California

WKU

Cincinnati

EKU

Virginia Tech

And the list will continue I am sure. He was also invited to the Under Amour All-America Camp

Nice, spoke to one of his coaches last year. Said he was the real deal.

Sounds like a strong candidate for Mr. Football next year.

He will be the highest recruited player out of the state of KY IMO, and defiantly a candidate for Mr. Football. But sort of like the Heisman, it's the offensive side of the ball that usually takes it, so I think it would be a tough get for him. Talent is definitely there:thumb: