Jairus Brents - Waggener

Realreason

He is a Jr., isn't well known because Waggener hasn't really had a strong football program in the past. He will be one of, if not the highest, recruited football player for his class to come out of KY by his senior year IMO. Speed, Speed, Speed, and great athletic ability doesn't hurt.

Watched some videos, this kid in incredible

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to have seen this young man at a bigger school playing against better competition.

While I understand your point, I'm glad he isn't at a bigger school. Too often kids at smaller class schools get knocked for that reason, but it is rare to see major D1 talent come out of Class 1A, 2A, and 3A and seeing a kid remain with his school is nice to see.

While I understand your point, I'm glad he isn't at a bigger school. Too often kids at smaller class schools get knocked for that reason, but it is rare to see major D1 talent come out of Class 1A, 2A, and 3A and seeing a kid remain with his school is nice to see.

He actually transferred down from Manual, where started as a freshma, to Waggener.

Is he the best kept secret in KY? I haven't heard much if anything about this young man. Is he a senior?

He is the kid who was offered by UK and UofL in either the 7th or 8th grade. Got some national attention for that back then.

Here is the most resent list of his offers and Interest

Offers:

Boston College

Central Michigan

Duke

Eastern Michigan

Illinois

Indiana

Kentucky

Louisville

Michigan St

Miss St

Tennessee

Tennessee St

Toledo

USF

Western Kentucky

Wisconsin

INTEREST:

Alabama

Michigan

Ohio St

Purdue

Texas

Vanderbilt

Virginia

Very explosive player. Bardstown contained him reasonably well in their game a few weeks ago, but everytime he touched the ball you gripped the edge of the bleachers because it looked like he could break it and go. Good luck, young man, much respect.

• 4 weeks later...
No offense to this young man - and I hope he takes advantage of the offers given to him - but after watching about 3 games of his I'm thinking these offers are more for track than football.

No offense to you, however you clearly are not in the business of evaluating talent. This young man is one of the best if not the best defensive backs to ever play in Kentucky.