Dodgers @ Reds (8/19 - 8/22)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20-12 after last night. Too bad they're not using 1981 rules this year.

Is that when they had a separate division winner for after the all star break? I honestly would love it if they did that, and I believe it would help baseball more exciting and popular. It's such a long season, and would give us more excitement throughout.

I'm sure I would be in the minority here since baseball is all about tradition and unwritten rules, etc. However I think that would bring more excitement to it.

Is that when they had a separate division winner for after the all star break? I honestly would love it if they did that, and I believe it would help baseball more exciting and popular. It's such a long season, and would give us more excitement throughout.

I'm sure I would be in the minority here since baseball is all about tradition and unwritten rules, etc. However I think that would bring more excitement to it.

The Reds had the best overall record but because of the strike the league set up another format and the Reds couldn't compete for the world title.

1981: The Year Baseball's Best Record Wasn't Good Enough | Cincinnati Reds

I didn't go to the game, but I was downtown tonight. Seemed like a lot of folks going in and out of the park. I was gonna head in if Finnegan made it to the 8th with the no no.

What's the W-L record they and the Pirates would have to have for them to overtake them for 3rd? I don't know what it is about GABP, but the Cardinals and now the Dodgers have played like AA teams there, just an amatuerish back to back games by LA

What's the W-L record they and the Pirates would have to have for them to overtake them for 3rd? I don't know what it is about GABP, but the Cardinals and now the Dodgers have played like AA teams there, just an amatuerish back to back games by LA

Not gonna happen.

If the Pirates were to finish 19-23 and end up at .500, the Reds would have to go 28-12 the rest of the way to tie.

Not gonna happen.

If the Pirates were to finish 19-23 and end up at .500, the Reds would have to go 28-12 the rest of the way to tie.

I'm depending on the Pirates to do their September swoon and the Reds to do a Cubs impersonation the rest of the way. Trying to set goals for them, at least reach the Rockies in the wild card hunt

I'm depending on the Pirates to do their September swoon and the Reds to do a Cubs impersonation the rest of the way. Trying to set goals for them, at least reach the Rockies in the wild card hunt

At this point I still want them to finish with a bad record. Top 5 pick would be nice.

That would be fine if they didn't have to play the Cubbies again but they have 6 left with them and are 3-10 against them this year. It doesn't bode well for a great September record.

Somebody please tell Mr. Knowitall Thom Brennaman to do his homework on the Dodgers pitcher Urias. He keeps harping on the short distances of Urias starts. Urias is 20 years old and the Dodgers have been and will continue to be very diligent in limiting his pitch count and inning totals. He's thrown 51 innings before today and will probably not throw 100 for the season.