Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield vs. Milan (TN) (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

Last night Mayfield hosted TN power Milan in a game condition scrimmage and the Cards gave me flashes of the great 2010, 15-0 Cards team. The Cards O looked like a well oiled machine with a perfect mix of run and pass. The Cards defense was also very stingy. I am excited to see how this season turns out for MF. Milan is projected to be in the TN 2 or 3A title hunt. I expect to see them ranked either #1 or #2 from what I have heard and read on them.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

High octane offense in the works for Mayfield this season. 6 touchdowns in the first 7 possession for the varsity. Milan has another group of big boys this year. Reminded of DeSales in that aspect, they will be tough for any team in Tennessee. Kicking game for Mayfield is certainly a work in progress, but that was expected.

So 1st team against 1st team how did it shake out?

Mayfield: 6 to 4 varsity in roughly 3 to 4 quarters

Milan: 2 to 1 in JV in roughly 2 quarters

Total scrimmage went about 3 hours

Mayfield looked very solid.

Backups at every position.

Kicking game needs lots of work.

This could be a special season.

Don't you guys think that is a lot of TDs for Mayfield to give up?

 

Were the Cards hurt on the ground or hurt through the air? Both?

Don't you guys think that is a lot of TDs for Mayfield to give up? Were the Cards hurt on the ground or hurt through the air? Both?

 

It's hard to appreciate what Mayfield accomplished in this scrimmage without seeing how large and talented this Milan team is. They have some serious D1 talent on their team, and I'm talking more than just one guy. Without being too dramatic, they may be the best team Mayfield sees all year long...including the playoffs. That is why all of the Mayfield fans are really pumped.

  • Author
Don't you guys think that is a lot of TDs for Mayfield to give up? Were the Cards hurt on the ground or hurt through the air? Both?

 

 

The defense was not as good upon losing 2 of our Linebackers. Nothing serious, one got sick and began to vomit. The other eventually retuned. Also safety sat out. Take those and throw ion what is supposed to be a TN title contender and I will take it

My take on the scrimmage...

Mayfield offense will be phenomenal. Possibly hanging big numbers on opponents..

Here's the things that need improving tho..defense is weak on the left side..all of Milan touchdowns came from the left defensive side of mayfield..

Kicking game needs ALOT of improving..

Overall tho, I feel these things can be worked on and mayfield become a force this year yet again.

I was told that the starting kicker was on vacation, that the kicker used was a backup.

I know that really concerns you, being from northern ky. Don't worry guru, we'll be fine. :banana:

We got burned a couple of times on some long passes, that concerned me, but I couldn't tell if those were starters or not.

Don't you guys think that is a lot of TDs for Mayfield to give up?

 

Were the Cards hurt on the ground or hurt through the air? Both?

 

I actually thought the varsity td total was 5 to 2 or 3 Mayfield's favor. Really hard to tell , lots of subs. I thought we got hurt more in the air. Milan will be a contender for the Tn 3A state title.

The Milan folk seem pretty impressed with us based on their message boards. @Toothpick is in the thread being a good ambassador which should surprise nobody.

 

GO BIG RED!

I know that really concerns you, being from northern ky. Don't worry guru, we'll be fine. :banana:

 

I am actually very interested. My location in the state has nothing to do with it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.