Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Introducing Your New Spalding 2016 Forward Game Ball

Featured Replies

Anybody like the ball? I have not heard a single person say they have

 

The KHSAA admin who got the check! :ylsuper:

 

My daughter has been using the ball for a couple months now. It does get slightly better with use, however if most schools only have a "game ball" it might be pretty slick. And schools that decide not to use them during the regular season might have problems during the post season tournaments.

 

I wanted to add...I think going back and forth between balls will be even harder on the kids. Schools are better off just making the change and let the kids get used to it. Of course that means $$$$ they have to spend now.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody like the ball? I have not heard a single person say they have

 

And that cares to nobody who made the decision.

And that cares to nobody who made the decision.

Sumoroyal, maybe KHSAA is thinking my style of keeping games in low teens can be a thing of beauty. They just have found a different way to do it, while generating revenues for their coffers to offset Sweet Sixteen attendance. Ingenious to introduce hard-slick balls to increase turnovers, lower field goal accuracy and generally slow the game down to releave stress on aging offials and scorekeepers.

I'm picky when it comes to basketballs. Just from the picture it looks like a cheap outdoor/composite ball. I love a nice soft skin with wide seems, this ball looks like it's hard and will still be hard when broken in.

Would love to know the money the KHSAA gets off playing this game ball.

 

Enough for real programs?

These balls look like something one would purchase at Dollar General.

It is a true catastrophe of a basketball. There are not enough characters for me to type to explain the disdain I have for it. But at least it will be the same for all the teams in the postseason I guess. So that's good.

Really weird to me to be able to buy the khsaa game ball at walmart. Just don't seem right.

The model #s were cut and pasted from an email from the KHSAA.
I think they are right. Every where I look the boys ball is model74-7839. khsaa has it backwards.
I think they are right. Every where I look the boys ball is model74-7839. khsaa has it backwards.

 

Yep...Boys is 74-7839. Girls is 74-7849.

 

And the ball at Walmart is not the same ball. There are several versions of this ball. You have to watch out for that or you really do get the "cheap" version!

Yep...Boys is 74-7839. Girls is 74-7849.

 

And the ball at Walmart is not the same ball. There are several versions of this ball. You have to watch out for that or you really do get the "cheap" version!

the one at walmart.com has the same model number. are you saying there are several different balls with same model #?
These balls look like something one would purchase at Dollar General.

 

Easy now! DG buys some of the best brands in the world.

 

 

Along with a lot of crap!

the one at walmart.com has the same model number. are you saying there are several different balls with same model #?

 

Here's a couple of reviews I ran across when I was first looking at the ball for my daughter.

 

Customer Review

 

28 of 32 people found the following review helpful

2.0 out of 5 stars Different ball - TF1000 reviews are for the Old Model, March 22, 2012

By J. Cho

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Spalding Top Flite 1000 Basketball (Misc.)

The new TF1000(and Legacy) "Advance Moisture Management" has a fake feel. It's similar to the material used for the test NBA game ball they used temporarily some years ago. Most of the NBA players hated it and they changed back mid season. Spalding probably didn't know what to do with the material and had to sit on it for a while before they figured they'd psyche us out by switching it out with the TF1000 original. Underhanded move by Spalding. Look for the one that says ZK Microfiber composite or get the ZKPro model. Do not get the new ZK Pro, AMM, t1000 or HzO if you want anything like the original ZK material of the old TF1000. The 2 stars is for the new model which is for durability but it's worse than the 5 i'd give the tf1000. The new ones either have deeper channels which embeds the fingers in the ball not allowing the ball to spin naturally in hand. I absolutely LOVE the classic TF and can't believe Spalding would do this to us! EVERYONE loved the old TF 1000 and I wish they had ONLY changed the classic TF to the Legacy name and the naming schemes and models would have been left intact. But NO, they don't have ANY good balls now except for the NBA Game ball which is expensive and not as grippy for normal sized hands. I'm not happy with Spalding.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report abuse | Permalink

 

[Add comment]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Tracked by 1 customer

 

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first

Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion

Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 6:05:45 AM PST

boston duffer says:

Agreed! My TF is starting to wear out, and I wandered into a sporting goods store only to be SHOCKED by the change to the ball. It feels like, dry, fake leather. I wasn't aware that there are that many flavors of the 1000 out there, so I will definitely track down the old ZK if I can. Lousy move, Spalding!

Edited by LRCW

the one at walmart.com has the same model number. are you saying there are several different balls with same model #?

 

I stand corrected. On line Walmart is selling the same model ball. So it appears I was at least partially wrong. Just make sure it's the same model and not just TF1000 which does have different models.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.