July 25, 201610 yr I'd say that there's less than a 100% guarantee that current American citizens are on the up-and-up. Just a guess, though. I agree. But when deciding foreign and domestic policy we can't have the same standard for American citizens and non citizens. It's all false equivalency.
July 25, 201610 yr Where did you get the 700,000 number? I believe the US is committed to bringing in less than 10,000 and only a couple thousand have been allowed in so far this year. Regardless of what the number is, my viewpoint is changing on this issue. I'm becoming more conservative wanting to allow only fully and thoroughly vetted immigrants into the US. Maybe that is what is happening already since so few have actually been allowed into the country so far. I am still in favor of allowing immigrants in as long as they are vetted in a way that we are confident they are not linked to Isis. I also think the immigrants should be kept separate from the U.S. population while they are being screened and vetted. If it takes a year or two before the process is completed, so be it. One more thing, prayers will be led by an American Imam Actually Clinton stated she wanted to bring in 730,000 during her first term...
July 25, 201610 yr Yeah read the headlines about the bomber. You would think he is the victim. Per the BBC BBC Reports Germany Suicide Bombing as if Suicide Bomber was the Victim >> Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
July 25, 201610 yr Paul Joseph Watson on Twitter: "How the BBC reports terror attacks. https://t.co/NHpS2kUhWv"
July 25, 201610 yr Paul Joseph Watson on Twitter: "How the BBC reports terror attacks. https://t.co/NHpS2kUhWv" Which are real and which are fake? I could be convinced that the BBC is deliberately sidestepping any racial or religious indicators, but there is NO WAY that "Tanned German Man" one is real.
July 26, 201610 yr [ATTACH]57009[/ATTACH] Another case of a meme meant to inflame. Spend just a couple minutes with Google, and you'll find that the info in this meme isn't true. There are no bans on Muslims, and best estimate is that there are roughly 70,000 Muslim Japanese citizens, 90% of which are immigrants. Folks, a solid best practice would be to be skeptical about any meme you see on the internet that cites policy or statistics, and to not blindly take and repost everything you see as truth.
July 26, 201610 yr Another case of a meme meant to inflame. Spend just a couple minutes with Google, and you'll find that the info in this meme isn't true. There are no bans on Muslims, and best estimate is that there are roughly 70,000 Muslim Japanese citizens, 90% of which are immigrants. Folks, a solid best practice would be to be skeptical about any meme you see on the internet that cites policy or statistics, and to not blindly take and repost everything you see as truth. What I don't understand is that there are plenty of libs that want to ban Christianity out of sight. Christians aren't going around and killing civilians in the name of JESUS. So if murderers are using a political system as islam and sharia law (that go hand and hand) to murder not combatants but women, children, civilians indiscriminately, why do we accept it as a religion and not a threat and let them hide behind it? We use code words like radical, but we don't have a heart machine to judge what someone will do so I'm all for banning islam. Don't see why libs are against it, after all there has been a war on christians for years here and we don't slaughter people. But we will open the door for a true threat and invite them in? It's not thst complicated. They want to kill and destroy us. Their political system " religion" calls them to conquer or kill.
July 26, 201610 yr ^So I guess my friend who was born and raised here in Kentucky needs to just get the hell out? I'm sure she'll be happy to hear that.
July 26, 201610 yr What I don't understand is that there are plenty of libs that want to ban Christianity out of sight. Christians aren't going around and killing civilians in the name of JESUS. So if murderers are using a political system as islam and sharia law (that go hand and hand) to murder not combatants but women, children, civilians indiscriminately, why do we accept it as a religion and not a threat and let them hide behind it? We use code words like radical, but we don't have a heart machine to judge what someone will do so I'm all for banning islam. Don't see why libs are against it, after all there has been a war on christians for years here and we don't slaughter people. But we will open the door for a true threat and invite them in? It's not thst complicated. They want to kill and destroy us. Their political system " religion" calls them to conquer or kill. I've never said anything about banning anything. Except for memes with false statements and stats that are presented as truth. Especially as a call to ban or discriminate against an entire religion. That meme is pure falsehoods and rubbish intended to try to wrongly influence opinion, and incite discrimination. As far as banning Islam. That's not what this country was founded on, and it goes against the constitution we are so proud of. And while I agree the extremists are a big problem, with nearly 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, if they were all radical and believed in taking over, things would be a lot worse than they presently are. It was barely a month ago this site was filled with posts about Muhammad Ali, and how great he was and how he'd be missed. He was a Muslim. The list of Muslims with positive contributions to our society is long. There are many, many more doing good than evil. And talk like banning a specific religion sets this country back many many years.
July 26, 201610 yr I've never said anything about banning anything. Except for memes with false statements and stats that are presented as truth. Especially as a call to ban or discriminate against an entire religion. That meme is pure falsehoods and rubbish intended to try to wrongly influence opinion, and incite discrimination. As far as banning Islam. That's not what this country was founded on, and it goes against the constitution we are so proud of. And while I agree the extremists are a big problem, with nearly 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, if they were all radical and believed in taking over, things would be a lot worse than they presently are. It was barely a month ago this site was filled with posts about Muhammad Ali, and how great he was and how he'd be missed. He was a Muslim. The list of Muslims with positive contributions to our society is long. There are many, many more doing good than evil. And talk like banning a specific religion sets this country back many many years. I fully understand the notion that this country was founded on. But we find ourselves in a very precarious situation. How do we tell the good guys from the bad guys when they all belong to the same Club? In this country no one should have to worry about being in public and worrying about a fanatic blowing themselves up. Our government has failed us miserably on that front. I'm sure your door is locked at times and nobody can just walk in your house. Our country's door is always wide open that's a problem. It doesn't matter to me if you call it a religion or a way of life, politics, Sharia law, whatever it is you may want to call it it's dangerous it is not compatible with the Western world. They banned drugs because they're bad for you , people even want to ban guns. Why? Because they can cause harm. So why inviting in people who can cause harm. We have to deal with everybody in the United States who was already violent it makes no sense to let people into this country that have intent on doing us harm. And for those that feel discriminated against sucks to be you people and your religion are doing this so if you don't want to be banned if you want to be able to travel the Free World you need to start turning in the people who are bad and stop supporting them and turning a blind eye to it. If you can't be part of the solution then you're part of the problem as a Muslim. I wish that they were all peaceful and we weren't put in a situation we're innocent people are discriminated against. But if it saves American lives it is what it is. Life and death is real the danger they present is real I really don't care about feelings all I care about is keeping people safe and until they can prove that they can be safely and our society than they have no place here. And before you go off on a wild tangent it's not about being prejudiced. It's about accountability if I tell you that I want to kill you and then I have a gun and when I see you I'm going to kill you are you going to invite me in? Of course not. They've already said they want to kill us it's not a conspiracy theory. Remember they are at war with us but we were not at war with them.
July 26, 201610 yr I fully understand the notion that this country was founded on. But we find ourselves in a very precarious situation. How do we tell the good guys from the bad guys when they all belong to the same Club? In this country no one should have to worry about being in public and worrying about a fanatic blowing themselves up. Our government has failed us miserably on that front. I'm sure your door is locked at times and nobody can just walk in your house. Our country's door is always wide open that's a problem. It doesn't matter to me if you call it a religion or a way of life, politics, Sharia law, whatever it is you may want to call it it's dangerous it is not compatible with the Western world. They banned drugs because they're bad for you , people even want to ban guns. Why? Because they can cause harm. So why inviting in people who can cause harm. We have to deal with everybody in the United States who was already violent it makes no sense to let people into this country that have intent on doing us harm. And for those that feel discriminated against sucks to be you people and your religion are doing this so if you don't want to be banned if you want to be able to travel the Free World you need to start turning in the people who are bad and stop supporting them and turning a blind eye to it. If you can't be part of the solution then you're part of the problem as a Muslim. I wish that they were all peaceful and we were put in a situation we're innocent people are discriminated against. But if it saves American lives it is what it is. Life and death is real the danger they present is real I really don't care about feelings all I care about is keeping people safe and until they can prove that they can be safely and our society than they have no place here. And before you go off on a wild tangent it's not about being prejudiced. It's about accountability if I tell you that I want to kill you and then I have a gun and when I see you I'm going to kill you are you going to invite me in? Of course not. They've already said they want to kill us it's not a conspiracy theory. Remember they are at war with us but we were not at war with them. So let's hold all Muslims accountable for the actions of a few. Lets post false statements about "what Japan does" as proof that we need to do something. And for those that feel discriminated against sucks to be you I don't even know where to begin with this statement. And it probably tells me that I should just walk away as there's nothing to be gained by continuing the discussion.
July 26, 201610 yr I just can't wrap my head around the idea that we should ban hard-working peaceful American citizens simply because they're Muslims. So much for being the land of the free or the land of opportunity I guess....
July 26, 201610 yr I just can't wrap my head around the idea that we should ban hard-working peaceful American citizens simply because they're Muslims. So much for being the land of the free or the land of opportunity I guess.... I'm with you. Hard to believe.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.