New Turf Field at Warren East

Warren East High School is currently undergoing major renovations of it's sports facilities including a new turf field. East signed an agreement with Boise State and became one of only 5 high schools in America to have blue turf. It was put down over the last week or so and it is stunning! 13709927_10206965269426440_3240901676070208425_n.jpg

I know Boise is known their for their blue turf but the color of a field is a broad thing to have a trademark. However, they do.

Link below with some information

Here's how and why Boise State controls who installs non-green playing fields >> Idaho Statesman Blogs

I actually the east field better

Edited by winterweather

What is inscribed between the 15 and 25?

Jim Ross Field. Jim Ross was the second head coach of the Raiders, and remains their winningest head coach (#3 win percentage). Ross led the Raiders to two district titles (and a piece of another one but lost that playoff). His second district title (in 1981) would be the last district title Warren East would win for 26 years.

The county foots the bill. It is part of an overall athletic complex renovation at Warren East, similar to the one at Warren Central, but a bit more extensive than that. My assumption is that eventually every school here will have turf.