Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WKU Gets 5* Center

Featured Replies

Mitchell Robinson has committed to WKU. #11 in one service I saw.

 

His godfather Shammond Williams was recently hired as a WKU coach.

 

Connections matter.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on gambling on them.

Could end up being a pretty solid team in 2017 if Malik Newman ends up there.

Could end up being a pretty solid team in 2017 if Malik Newman ends up there.

 

Is Newman going to follow the coach to WKU? That'd be huge, if true.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it read "5' center"...as in 5 foot center. So I assumed some sort of punch line followed until I opened and read the thread.:lol2:

 

Interesting to see where this goes.

And we thought Ben Simmons messed up...

 

How is this a mess up? I assume that you are referring to Simmons going to LSU and not Kansas or Kentucky or a Duke? Just because a 5 star kid doesn't go to a top 5 school people think they're screwing themselves. Talent is talent, but more importantly work ethic is work ethic. If a player has both, it doesn't matter where they go, they will be seen, and they will get a chance to get to the next level. Besides you sort of defeat your argument(if that is your argument), Ben Simmons went to a lesser program, and really the worst part is, he didn't make it any better, BUT was still the #1 pick.

 

It is all about the fit.

And I am thrilled to see that level of player choose Western, although it makes it tougher for my LA Tech Bulldogs.

How is this a mess up? I assume that you are referring to Simmons going to LSU and not Kansas or Kentucky or a Duke? Just because a 5 star kid doesn't go to a top 5 school people think they're screwing themselves. Talent is talent, but more importantly work ethic is work ethic. If a player has both, it doesn't matter where they go, they will be seen, and they will get a chance to get to the next level. Besides you sort of defeat your argument(if that is your argument), Ben Simmons went to a lesser program, and really the worst part is, he didn't make it any better, BUT was still the #1 pick.

 

It is all about the fit.

 

I agree with your post in its entirety, and having spent some time on the hill, I couldn't be more excited for the program. My concern is that the kid went with what is comfortable for him, which isn't always the most conducive environment for maintaining the work ethic he put in to have the option to play anywhere.

I agree with your post in its entirety, and having spent some time on the hill, I couldn't be more excited for the program. My concern is that the kid went with what is comfortable for him, which isn't always the most conducive environment for maintaining the work ethic he put in to have the option to play anywhere.

 

Now I understand the Ben Simmons remark, and that is what played out there I think.

Former 4* top 75 6'9 Cuse commit Moustapha Diagne committed to WKU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.