UEFA Euro 2016

jbird

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm no soccer expert but I watched the last 30 minutes or so. The Europe tourney gets crazier and crazier. The announcers were and the talking heads are now falling all over themselves to come up with suitable adjectives and comparisons.

The 18 year-old should have been in much earlier; to this untrained eye was the fastest player in the game (young legs and tired players).

Perhaps a better analogy would be Leicester City winning the Premier League championship.

And this may be far-fetched, but can LC - a third-tier program not all that long ago - winning the league - be construed as an indictment of British futbol? They have arguably the most high-profile league on the planet, but they never seem to do a lot in these international competitions. And by all accounts, this one was a new low.

English manager resigned, on a side note.

Looking ahead to today's game, Jan Verthongen is out for the rest of the tournament so Belgium will be using roughly it's 6th and 7th choice center backs today. Their defense is badly beaten up.

Still should be enough to get past Wales and into the semifinal against Portugal.

Wales is through. Had it on the second screen here. Seemed like a really entertaining game, wish I could have devoted full attention to it. From the parts I paid attention to it seemed like Getslow's post on the banged up Belgium defense was prescient. Jordan Lukaku was abused.

The gathering in Reykjavik yesterday was EPIC. I retweeted it for those of you who know me and follow me on Twitter. I don't how many people were there' date=' but I'm guessing over half a million. Moving stuff for a country with the same population as the St. Louis metro area.[/quote']

Viking thunder clap

Euro 2