Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thoughts on Obama and Japan

Featured Replies

  • Author
A big Amen to that, brother.

 

I don't think my points were crazy it's not like I'm losing sleep over it , it's a discussion board.

 

I personally didn't like the timing and thought parts of the speech weren't well thought out. I did agree with a lot of the message. But I also felt the entire speech was unnecessary. It was more of legacy speech than a diplomacy speech.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't apologize and I felt he handled the situation as well as it could be handled under tough circumstances of walking a fine line. They are allies.

 

I'm sure they discussed the fine line over 18 holes. I hear Japan has some wonderful golf courses.

I don't think my points were crazy it's not like I'm losing sleep over it , it's a discussion board.

 

I personally didn't like the timing and thought parts of the speech weren't well thought out. I did agree with a lot of the message. But I also felt the entire speech was unnecessary. It was more of legacy speech than a diplomacy speech.

 

Bash, I'm going to give you some cred: you disagreed and made an argument over the issue at hand.

I dislike the president very much, but there was zero apology as there should be. My mothers father and two uncles as well as my fathers 3 uncles (1 of whom died on the plane flight home) Burned up their youth bc Hitler was insane and the Japense were imperialistic and mad at the United States. I scream/yell too bad if the Japanese ate still sore at our country for the ABombs. While I spent my early twenty bar hopping and puking myself to sleep my elders spent theirs rocking and swaying on giant ships in the middle of the 100 degree Pacific Ocean, and the freezing cold of Central Europe. No running water, showers, etc.

Edited by mcpapa

I don't see anyone on here citing that we should apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I also don't think the President did.

 

It's amazed me how much social media tried to paint the speech as an apology. It wasn't. It was compassionate but, as Lincoln said once, "firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right."

 

Of all the problems I have with this president, this is not one of them.

I never said anything about this visit being another apology tour. I never said the president apologized, you mistook my words as an accusation, not a statement of my opinion. Nothing in my "social media" statement accuses him of anything.

As all who have followed me BGP know, I think Obama is about as bad a president as there has been in my lifetime - only competition for him is Jimmy Carter. However, I had no problem with what he said at Hiroshima.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.