Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County 2016/2017

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2016/2017 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Bracken County? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they want to do something really big this is the year!

If they want to do something really big this is the year!

Can you give us some info on some of the players to watch for? Thanks.

This thread is now 1 1/2 days up and no BC supporters proudly stepping forward to brag about a team that I think has a lot to be bragged about. Could it be there is embarrassment that certain new power forces at Brooksville have embarrassed a legacy of competitive Bears with the decision to QUIT playing the Saints and Panthers unless they will succemb to the new decision makers decision to try to indirectly force seeding through. This argument is with the KHSAA; however, they have brought nothing but kindergarten shame on the BC sytem with their childish actions.

 

This Polar Bears team has the potential to be one of the top teams in the region and does not deserve such little confidence from the administration. The players probably think they don't need these childish games to get to the Region and are prepared to win their way, no matter who they play in the District.

 

This is a quality high school team and deserves to get past the immature decisions of the decision makers (and I for one don't think Coach Hinson played a role in these diminishing political moves that absorb the confidence of his team). Time to put all this behind and hear about the Bears and their prospects from those that know.

 

IMO If Crawford averages 25, Bears win 26 and the 39th District Championship no matter draw or seed. If Crawford has to consistently go for 30+ (and he can any game he wants) , Bears win 20 and either go home, or are District Runner-ups.

 

The Bears are all about the support staff, and these old eyes think Hinson will have them at their maximum potential.

No shame or embarrassment here I've just been trying to enjoy my Memorial Day weekend just stopping in briefly here and there.

 

As for the BC faithful I've talked to there is no shame for the decisions made. Just a lot of propaganda being thrown about on here by the Augusta faithful and I assume that's fair. They feel butt hurt over what's been going on. The only shame that should be felt is on those who make it about the money and not about the game and decide to keep the draw in place. But this thread a about the team next year so let's keep it at that. Leave all the whining about not playing Augusta or St. Pat out of it.

 

As for the team they will have to replace contributors Jared Lippert Kolton Williams and John Bravard, but have coming back a very good squad led by preseason 10th region POY candidate Austin Crawford who should surpass 3000 points by seasons end. Also returning is his backcourt partner Jacob Hamiliton which should be up there as top backcourt in the region. Cooper Engnes also is coming back and is a great defender that can also score the ball. Another starter from last season Brady Jones will make his presence known on the low blocks.

 

Key reserves coming back will be guards Tad and Tanner Fisher, I look for a couple big kids to see some more time this season 6'4" Travis Tucker and 6'5" Cole Bishop as low post players.

 

I'm sure there are some players even I don't know about yet and summer ball coming up I hope to hear more about the team.

 

I'll update as I learn more info. :thumb:

I see Engnes as an athlete who can make a major difference in how far the Bears go this year. Huge motor, a manly defensive game, and enough offensive skills to occassionally take some pressure off double teams defenses on Crawford.

Looking to see if how much Travis Tucker (son of a great Polar Bear basketball player Mark Tucker from the late 90's) has improved. Definetly has a high ceiling.

Where are they going to ball camp at?

Looking to see if how much Travis Tucker (son of a great Polar Bear basketball player Mark Tucker from the late 90's) has improved. Definetly has a high ceiling.

 

I think that could be assessed better if he was actually on the floor......he's been playing behind lesser talented players for awhile now.

I think that could be assessed better if he was actually on the floor......he's been playing behind lesser talented players for awhile now.

 

Who?

Who?

 

Unfair of me to name names of these "kids", just a general statement and opinion. You're free to differ. My point is, he should have already been playing more so he could develop as he does have a very high potential. You can't simulate game play in practice. On the whole, BC should be #1 in the Region pre-season. Again, my opinion.

Unfair of me to name names of these "kids", just a general statement and opinion. You're free to differ. My point is, he should have already been playing more so he could develop as he does have a very high potential. You can't simulate game play in practice. On the whole, BC should be #1 in the Region pre-season. Again, my opinion.

 

Bold statement about a small school!

Is Jacob Hamilton playing? I have heard a lot of talk because of track he may not play. Is there any truth to this?

Is Jacob Hamilton playing? I have heard a lot of talk because of track he may not play. Is there any truth to this?

 

Have not heard one way or the other on that. I dont think he is going to play much summer ball. He will be attending numerous running camps.

I think that could be assessed better if he was actually on the floor......he's been playing behind lesser talented players for awhile now.
I don't think playing Tucker varsity games that are close over 4 seniors, and loaded junior class would make much sense don't you? He's not there just yet. He'll get his time this year, as a SOPHOMORE!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.