Highlands 2016

Ram

The playoff layout will always be favorable for a final 4 run, assuming they beat CCH.

I'm still romancing the times that they couldn't be defeated by any NKY teams and could beat the Cincy powers.

I don't see there being a time in the future where highlands beats all the best NKY 6a teams in a season again. A good part of it is a numbers game that has finally caught up to the bluebirds. Hopefully all the top NKY teams keep scheduling each other because it sure is fun to watch.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoge's senior year right? I hope you are correct and the Birds get back to dominance this year.

Correct. You play the hand you are dealt year in and year out. Not sure how much rope a kid needs to be given to prove that they are overmatched at the position they are currently playing.

Just two short years ago, in BW's first year at the helm, the Birds went 13-2 with the losses being to Elder and Christopher Columbus. So they did in fact go undefeated in Kentucky and play the "big" boys tough.

Lets not forget CC (Miami, FL. ) was the runner up in the 8A finals that year.

Highlands lost a close one to CC , not forgetting Hoge spent most of the 2nd qtr trying to get medical aid for his ankle. If Hoge had played the whole game, who knows what might have happened. CC's coach was very impressed with that Highlands team ,players. coaches and fans. I enjoyed that game very, very much. Both teams showed great class that day. I hope in the near future that Highlands can get some more out of state games.

Lets not forget CC (Miami, FL. ) was the runner up in the 8A finals that year.

Highlands lost a close one to CC , not forgetting Hoge spent most of the 2nd qtr trying to get medical aid for his ankle. If Hoge had played the whole game, who knows what might have happened. CC's coach was very impressed with that Highlands team ,players. coaches and fans. I enjoyed that game very, very much. Both teams showed great class that day. I hope in the near future that Highlands can get some more out of state games.

I think I still have that game on DVR.

Those CC kids were BIG! Great game.

The lack of posts in this thread speaks volumes and I will leave it at that. Expectations are always to win a state championship and they have some very good talent this year at many positions. The big question will be depth in the trenches as State Titles are typically won there.

The lack of posts has nothing to do with expectations. It has to do with fewer posters from HHS overall and I will leave it at that.

Hoge isn't walking through the door anytime soon so we should probably talk present tense.

What was Jason Lynch's role on the staff and why did he leave?

I guess he left because he came across a better situation for him personally. His role on the staff was the head JV coach, running backs coach and most importantly was able to break film down not only on Bird opponents, but on the Birds as well.

I guess he left because he came across a better situation for him personally. His role on the staff was the head JV coach, running backs coach and most importantly was able to break film down not only on Bird opponents, but on the Birds as well.

Where'd he go?

I guess the schools website hasn't been updated yet.

Hoge isn't walking through the door anytime soon so we should probably talk present tense.

What was Jason Lynch's role on the staff and why did he leave?

Past, present, future, it's all good. I would put Jason Lynch in the past category. Obviously, Jason won't be walking through the door anytime soon.:cool: