Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shelby Valley 79 Phelps 6

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Saunders told the boys at half-time that the score was 0-0 not 35-6 or whatever it was so he said to go out and play like it was the beggining of the game and thats exactly what they did....its not there job to let up, it was phelps job to stop them and they couldnt do it. And its kinda of hard to sub in a jv team when there isnt one...they have cancelled all jv games they have scheduled is what i heard.

Lets see if you feel this way when Belfry puts it on you.

People can say what they want, but Coach Saunders had mostly under classman in the fourth qtr. And his 2nd string QB only threw for one pass, it did end up as a TD. But how can you get experience for the young guys without running your offense. The last few scores were just young guys trying hard against a Phelps squad that had given up. There was a freshman playing on the defensive line the entire second half. And second string running backs mostly the second half.

 

This was no deferent from the lopsided games that I seen other schools play last year. I didn't see everyone whining about the way Magoffin was abused by several teams last year; Nor South Floyd's couple of big losses. I am not going to mention the teams that done it, because I see no big deal with coaches coaching.

 

As for the threats to Coach Saunders, from what I have seen of the man, I don't think that he gives one iota what the others throw at him. He seems to be one who is ready for the challenge.

People can say what they want, but Coach Saunders had mostly under classman in the fourth qtr. And his 2nd string QB only threw for one pass, it did end up as a TD. But how can you get experience for the young guys without running your offense. The last few scores were just young guys trying hard against a Phelps squad that had given up. There was a freshman playing on the defensive line the entire second half. And second string running backs mostly the second half.

 

This was no deferent from the lopsided games that I seen other schools play last year. I didn't see everyone whining about the way Magoffin was abused by several teams last year; Nor South Floyd's couple of big losses. I am not going to mention the teams that done it, because I see no big deal with coaches coaching.

 

As for the threats to Coach Saunders, from what I have seen of the man, I don't think that he gives one iota what the others throw at him. He seems to be one who is ready for the challenge.

 

I would get my facts straight first. people on here did give teams a hard time for lopsided victories like this. Coach Saunders might be ready for the challenge, but he has a uphill battle at best.

Well, there was absolutely no need in the 2 point conversions in the 4th quarter. I know someone said that the extra point kicking of SV was lacking, so wouldn't that have been the perfect time to get some practice in? I mean, there are a ton of different ways to keep a score respectable.

Well, there was absolutely no need in the 2 point conversions in the 4th quarter. I know someone said that the extra point kicking of SV was lacking, so wouldn't that have been the perfect time to get some practice in? I mean, there are a ton of different ways to keep a score respectable.

 

 

Great point!!:thumb:

OK. I'll have to agree that there was no reason to throw for a 2 point conversion in that situation. Usually I take the side of the team on the high end of the score because there are reasons a coach may need to keep a starter in longer than some might like. There are reasons you might need to pass in the third quarter, particularly if your offensive possessions have ended in only 1 or 2 plays. No matter how much you practice, nothing makes up for game experience. That said, going for 2 is just running it up. Still, let the season and history sort it out. I hope Phelps has an opportunity to get even in the next couple of years. BTW, I tried to watch some of this game and just couldn't do it. It was painful to watch.

People can say what they want, but Coach Saunders had mostly under classman in the fourth qtr. And his 2nd string QB only threw for one pass, it did end up as a TD. But how can you get experience for the young guys without running your offense. The last few scores were just young guys trying hard against a Phelps squad that had given up. There was a freshman playing on the defensive line the entire second half. And second string running backs mostly the second half.

 

This was no deferent from the lopsided games that I seen other schools play last year. I didn't see everyone whining about the way Magoffin was abused by several teams last year; Nor South Floyd's couple of big losses. I am not going to mention the teams that done it, because I see no big deal with coaches coaching.

 

As for the threats to Coach Saunders, from what I have seen of the man, I don't think that he gives one iota what the others throw at him. He seems to be one who is ready for the challenge.

 

 

Bottom line is this........to run the score up in that way is simply bush league...regardless who does it. Whether it's Shelby Valley or Po'dunk HS..it's simply not right.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.