Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU 2016-2017

Featured Replies

Coach Brannen has added a few nice athletes for next year. What does the roster look like and who are the projected starters?

I would imagine Holland and McDonald will be returning starters.

 

Jeff Garrett is a 6' 7" redshirt freshman who followed Coach Brannen from Alabama. He should start from day 1 IMO.

 

Carson Williams will most likely be a starter as well.

 

The 5th spot is probably up in the air between Faulkner, Murray, and one of the other newcomers.

I hope everyone makes it to campus

I would imagine Holland and McDonald will be returning starters.

 

Jeff Garrett is a 6' 7" redshirt freshman who followed Coach Brannen from Alabama. He should start from day 1 IMO.

 

Carson Williams will most likely be a starter as well.

 

The 5th spot is probably up in the air between Faulkner, Murray, and one of the other newcomers.

 

Williams is gonna be one of their best 5?

Williams is gonna be one of their best 5?

 

If I had to guess, I'd say yes.

If I had to guess, I'd say yes.

 

You probably know more about that than I do, as I never had a chance to see him play. And at the same time, I've not watched NKU except a few times on WatchESPN. But I'll take your word for it. That'll be nice to see a couple NKY kids starting at that level.

What can you share about Garrett? Went to Alabama website which noted he redshirted the one year he was there. Last year he transferred and had to sit out a year, so most of us don't know much about him. Know he came with Brannen, so he's got to believe in him.

I would imagine Holland and McDonald will be returning starters.

 

Jeff Garrett is a 6' 7" redshirt freshman who followed Coach Brannen from Alabama. He should start from day 1 IMO.

 

Carson Williams will most likely be a starter as well.

 

The 5th spot is probably up in the air between Faulkner, Murray, and one of the other newcomers.

 

How do Carson Williams and Drew start together? Seems to me that there would be a defensive issue in the post.

Drew had better lose 50 lbs and get up and down the court, or he will be lost in the high energy game Williams, and Faulkner will bring and I suspect Brannen wants to play.

What can you share about Garrett? Went to Alabama website which noted he redshirted the one year he was there. Last year he transferred and had to sit out a year, so most of us don't know much about him. Know he came with Brannen, so he's got to believe in him.

 

He had offers from VA Tech and Nana. Just watched his highlights, long arms, attacks the rim and seems to haves decent jumper. Highlights were from HS so I'm guessing he's going to be a factor.

Veron Maxwell's son will play for NKU.

I would imagine Holland and McDonald will be returning starters.

 

Jeff Garrett is a 6' 7" redshirt freshman who followed Coach Brannen from Alabama. He should start from day 1 IMO.

 

Carson Williams will most likely be a starter as well.

 

The 5th spot is probably up in the air between Faulkner, Murray, and one of the other newcomers.

 

I could be wrong as a lot will happen this summer but I don't think you're quite there.

 

If I had to make an educated guess today, I'd say the 5 states on opening night will be:

Holland

McDonald

Garnett

Williams

Murray

 

I don't see any more size I can put in there.

Drew had better lose 50 lbs and get up and down the court, or he will be lost in the high energy game Williams, and Faulkner will bring and I suspect Brannen wants to play.

 

Where have you been? Did you watch any of last year's games? Many times he was the first one down the floor. Even watching him 2 years ago in the Regional tournament he was getting up and down the floor better than any other big guy.

 

After another season his numbers will talk for themselves I believe.

Drew had better lose 50 lbs and get up and down the court, or he will be lost in the high energy game Williams, and Faulkner will bring and I suspect Brannen wants to play.

 

I believe you made the same comment early last year and McDonald had a great year leading the team in rebounding and second in scoring in conference play. Believe me he will not get lost. His energy level is as high as anybody and basketball IQ is outstanding, to quote his coach.

I think they will have a much improved team this year (above .500) and would not be surprised to see them finish in the top half of their league.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.