Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKU 2016-2017

Featured Replies

I believe you made the same comment early last year and McDonald had a great year leading the team in rebounding and second in scoring in conference play. Believe me he will not get lost. His energy level is as high as anybody and basketball IQ is outstanding, to quote his coach.

I think they will have a much improved team this year (above .500) and would not be surprised to see them finish in the top half of their league.

 

I absolutely made a similar comment last winter and will stand by it. The young man has a tremendous amount of God given talent and has the potental to excel. The extra weight hanging over his waist band is a clear message that he is not playing to his potential. Reminds me of Jared Lorenzon of Highlands and UK. Still performed better than 75% of QBs in the country despite the extra weight; however, he never gave himself the chance to be everything he could have. Even got a couple years in NFL, and a Superbowl ring with Giants as a backup; but, even he will admit.."what if?"

 

Drew has the potential of greatness, because he uniquely has the physical skills. The question is, will the mental toughness overpower the caloric temptations to allow this young man to be the contributor he could be. Brannen should have already recruited this key player to the discipline needed to excel. Go Drew! Don't look back wondering.."what if?"

You won't find a bigger fan of Drew than myself, but he definitely needs to shed some elbees.

I think they will have a much improved team this year (above .500) and would not be surprised to see them finish in the top half of their league.

That may be a bit of a stretch. If they're at or near .500 I would consider that a tremendous season, all things considered. Let's temper expectations just a bit.

 

They're still not going to be able to run the full system with who they have so far.

 

That being said, how can anyone not be completely pumped for the direction of this program?!?!

I really like what Brannen is bringing in with Tate, Faulkner, and Williams. All three should compete for minutes from day 1 and make a contribution.

I absolutely made a similar comment last winter and will stand by it. The young man has a tremendous amount of God given talent and has the potental to excel. The extra weight hanging over his waist band is a clear message that he is not playing to his potential. Reminds me of Jared Lorenzon of Highlands and UK. Still performed better than 75% of QBs in the country despite the extra weight; however, he never gave himself the chance to be everything he could have. Even got a couple years in NFL, and a Superbowl ring with Giants as a backup; but, even he will admit.."what if?"

 

Drew has the potential of greatness, because he uniquely has the physical skills. The question is, will the mental toughness overpower the caloric temptations to allow this young man to be the contributor he could be. Brannen should have already recruited this key player to the discipline needed to excel. Go Drew! Don't look back wondering.."what if?"

Have you seen him lately? He is at 248 and Brannan wants to build him back up to a playing weight of 260. Remember he is banging with the really big players in the league, and playing at say 225 would be a hugh disadvantage. I still say his weight is NOT a disadvantage.

That may be a bit of a stretch. If they're at or near .500 I would consider that a tremendous season, all things considered. Let's temper expectations just a bit.

 

They're still not going to be able to run the full system with who they have so far.

 

That being said, how can anyone not be completely pumped for the direction of this program?!?!

That probably is a bit of a stretch, but is based on the hoopla surrounding all the incoming players. I'll stand by my predictions and hope I'm not wrong.

That probably is a bit of a stretch, but is based on the hoopla surrounding all the incoming players. I'll stand by my predictions and hope I'm not wrong.

You have to rememeber the hoopla around some of the class, at least on this site, is coming from friends and family.

 

I know the class has received really awesome feedback and is generally considered to be pretty good. But let's keep in mind that it's still NKU, and these are freshman coming in to NKU. Some of them, even some of them who are made out to be budding superstars on here, are projects that will take a year or two to be really ready for this level.

 

Those that know, know, I am 100000% behind NKU and this staff. But I'm also realistic. .500 would be absolutely amazing this year, and incrementally better each year going forward. They're not going to make some huge jump to Valpo level, not this year, and probably not next either.

  • Author

Had a nice conversation with coach a few weeks ago. He knows he is a few years away from being where he wants to be. Wish nothing but the best for the Norse.

Did ask him for a favor and schedule a certain team from Memphis, and his response was he was not yet ready to help them out.

You have to rememeber the hoopla around some of the class, at least on this site, is coming from friends and family.

 

I know the class has received really awesome feedback and is generally considered to be pretty good. But let's keep in mind that it's still NKU, and these are freshman coming in to NKU. Some of them, even some of them who are made out to be budding superstars on here, are projects that will take a year or two to be really ready for this level.

 

Those that know, know, I am 100000% behind NKU and this staff. But I'm also realistic. .500 would be absolutely amazing this year, and incrementally better each year going forward. They're not going to make some huge jump to Valpo level, not this year, and probably not next either.

I know where you are coming from about the budding superstars and college is a whole new ballgame. We'll see.

Have you seen him lately? He is at 248 and Brannan wants to build him back up to a playing weight of 260. Remember he is banging with the really big players in the league, and playing at say 225 would be a hugh disadvantage. I still say his weight is NOT a disadvantage.

Brannen indeed might want him at 260, and a 10% body fat ratio. That would be awesome! That extra 20 around his middle during the season did him absolutely no good in any situation. Lets turn that same 20 into muscle and see what Drew can do. Remember what Harrelson did at UK when he bought into the full nutrition and max physical fitness program? When I see Drew play, I see that same type of awesome talent and potential.

Bump.

 

You and your tempered expectations... Heckuva season they're putting together, with a realistic(?) shot at the Dance.

 

KY basketball is good at all levels at the moment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.