Best sophomores playing varsity baseball in Northern Kentucky?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burch is a pretty good pitcher also, but hasn't got the chance this year. They will need him next and along with Jairus Wilder and Nick Jackman.... and of course Noah Huesman... the Tigers pitching staff will be really good next year also.

Thanks Cordofwood for the Beechwood post. For one of top reams in 9th Region, Tiger posts almost don't exist on BGP baseball forum. I miss hearing about this top quality team. Never hear stats and rarely anything but a score. Sure appreciate anything you can do to keep us current.

Jackson Haddle from St. Henry. Good hitter batting .335 with multiple extra base hits and RBI's. Has played several positions during the season and pitches. Plays on an ATY summer team that includes several of the best freshmen listed in that thread.

Jackson Haddle from St. Henry. Good hitter batting .335 with multiple extra base hits and RBI's. Has played several positions during the season and pitches. Plays on an ATY summer team that includes several of the best freshmen listed in that thread.

Yes... and don't forget about sophomores Bailey Martin (SK) and Hoyt Plunkett (Grant Co) on that same team. Great team (ATY)

Thanks Cordofwood for the Beechwood post. For one of top reams in 9th Region, Tiger posts almost don't exist on BGP baseball forum. I miss hearing about this top quality team. Never hear stats and rarely anything but a score. Sure appreciate anything you can do to keep us current.

Oldercoach, I think you may be unique in your genuine interest in local high school teams. I'm not positive but I think you aren't hearing much about Beechwood, because most of us parents/fans have stayed away from bgp. Just tired of the people constantly fishing for recognition of their own kids. This post is a perfect example. Many parents will peruse through and be disappointed that no one has mentioned their son. What's the point really, naming kids who standout? Does that mean kids who haven't been talked about aren't as good. Just my opinion.

Regardless of whether any of them played varsity or not, the CovCath JV team is stacked with talented sophomores. AJ Mayer, Jack Maille (heard was out for rest of HS season), Logan Beagle, Thomas Cody, Casey Nowak, Adam Schneider, Patrick Burke all belong in any mention of top sophomore players in NKY. Their website has them 16-2.

Conner JV is also strong, currently 16-5 according to their twitter site, with many talented sophomores. 4 of their 5 losses were to CovCath. They did beat them once 5-1, the one time they pitched Manny Henschen against them. He’s a very talented sophomore pitcher, who would likely be playing varsity at many other schools. Conner JV also has Ben North. He has a very good bat and is very quick on the bases.

Ryle is another school, like Conner and CovCath, that has strong jr and sr classes. This leaves many talented sophomores down at JV. Their JV team is 15-8 according to their website. 3 losses to CovCath, with 2 of those losses by 1 run. Also a 1 run loss to Conner. Some of their players to keep an eye on are Conner Ryle, Ben Lloyd and Jacob Tarvin.

Edited by Aviator

Cooper varsity, unlike the schools I've previously mentioned, had to call up many sophomores because of the lack of returning juniors and seniors. Brayden Runion has had a solid season thus far at the plate. IMO, Brendan Reid is one of the top sophomore pitchers in NKY. He’s got to be throwing around mid 80’s, though that’s just a guess. Justin Schlarman, Tyler Ollier, Nathan Sowder, and Jyogi Maruishi are also sophomores getting playing time at varsity. This team will be good in the coming years if they can retain players.

Cooper varsity' date=' unlike the schools I've previously mentioned, had to call up many sophomores because of the lack of returning juniors and seniors. Brayden Runion has had a solid season thus far at the plate. IMO, Brendan Reid is one of the top sophomore pitchers in NKY. He’s got to be throwing around mid 80’s, though that’s just a guess. Justin Schlarman, Tyler Ollier, Nathan Sowder, and Jyogi Maruishi are also sophomores getting playing time at varsity. This team will be good in the coming years if they can retain players.[/quote']

I really like Brendan. Very talented and I've enjoyed my interactions with him.

Mid-80s seems high though.