Best sophomores playing varsity baseball in Northern Kentucky?

Conner JV is also strong' date=' currently 16-5 according to their twitter site, with many talented sophomores. 4 of their 5 losses were to CovCath. They did beat them once 5-1, the one time they pitched Manny Henschen against them. He’s a very talented sophomore pitcher, who would likely be playing varsity at many other schools. Conner JV also has Ben North. He has a very good bat and is very quick on the bases.[/quote']

Manny is on the list of top SOPHs in NKY.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether any of them played varsity or not, the CovCath JV team is stacked with talented sophomores. AJ Mayer, Jack Maille (heard was out for rest of HS season), Logan Beagle, Thomas Cody, Casey Nowak, Adam Schneider, Patrick Burke all belong in any mention of top sophomore players in NKY. Their website has them 16-2.

The 2018 class at Cov Cath is pretty well stacked. With all of the names above, plus Luke Lennihan (injured), and Alex Kennedy already playing a big role this season on varsity. If the injury bug doesn't bite them, they will vie for the 9th Region each of the next 2 years. From what I hear, the 2019 class is pretty darn good as well.

I really like Brendan. Very talented and I've enjoyed my interactions with him.

Mid-80s seems high though.

Brendan has been clocked as high as 82, but mid-80's is a little high. He can comfortably live at 79 - 81. Good pitcher, and works hard.

Best player you've never heard of....Mason Mocahbee. Home school kid in Conner district. Plays summer ball for At the Yard 16u. Unbelievable talent! Pitches, plays 3b and SS....absolutely crushes the baseball. If I was Arlo...I'd be begging the kid to come to HS!

Best player you've never heard of....Mason Mocahbee. Home school kid in Conner district. Plays summer ball for At the Yard 16u. Unbelievable talent! Pitches, plays 3b and SS....absolutely crushes the baseball. If I was Arlo...I'd be begging the kid to come to HS!

Great mention! If Mason played school ball he would be very well known. And the 16U At the Yard team he is on is very good.

Mason is a damn good baseball player who is fun to watch. I've seen him play a few times and he is a very good shortstop. He seems to be a nice kid. It blows my mind that he doesn't play high school baseball. I heard he lives in the Cooper school district.

Another player that many haven't heard of:

Austin Hoeh - Camels - Has pitched four JV games and given up 2 runs, one of the four was a no-hitter and one a two hitter. Pitched a one hitter in his varsity debut. Recently pitched a 5-1 complete game on Saturday in JV.

Austin Hoeh - Camels - Has pitched four JV games and given up 2 runs, one of the four was a no-hitter and one a two hitter. Pitched a one hitter in his varsity debut. Recently pitched a 5-1 complete game on Saturday in JV.

Austin has a really nice arm.

Mason is a damn good baseball player who is fun to watch. I've seen him play a few times and he is a very good shortstop. He seems to be a nice kid. It blows my mind that he doesn't play high school baseball. I heard he lives in the Cooper school district.

So is he in Cooper’s or Conner’s district?

I’ve seen him play a few times with ATY and the kid is really good. Whether he’s playing his position, at the plate, or on the mound, the kid excels at them all. He would definitely be a factor in either Cooper’s or Conner’s already strong 2018 class. Does anyone know if there’s a chance of him going to a public school for his junior and senior year?

This kid definitely deserves to be mentioned. He's a big strong kid who hits the ball hard n has a live arm. We played against him last summer and he hit one so hard back to the pitcher that it rattled my knees! I also saw him play a pretty good shortstop. Kid has a lot of talent.

Just read about a home-schooled kid that could be the top draft pick this June.

• 3 months later...

Conner just got a lot better for next season....younger brother of a former Freedom SS has arrived and is in school. Word has it he's a masher. C/3B...crushes the ball. Hits very well with wooden bad. Came from Florida where he was on a large school state championship team.

Saw a tweet from Midland that Hunter Dreves from Highlands is sitting 86-88 mph. Dreves and Rom for HHS are going to be tough. Rom is a lefty sitting 84-86..

I heard about Hunter touching 88. That's a nice jump from where he was this season. Big kid if I recall.

Am I correct that he is now starting his SOPH year?