Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Percentage of Females who are Head Coaches of Girls Teams

Featured Replies

Seeing that Pikeville hired a female head coach for their girls team, I'm curious what percentage of schools have females as head coaches? It seems, simply from anecdotal evidence, that most head coaches are male. Is there a reason for this?

Off the top of my head the 9th region seems to have a balance.

Give me a bit and I'll get some sort of answer.

  • Author
Off the top of my head the 9th region seems to have a balance.

 

It may depend on certain parts of the state. In the 12th Region, this past season there were 10 male coaches and 6 female coaches.

currently:

9th region - 12 male; 5 female; 1 open

10th region - 12 male; 4 female; 1 open

11th region - 12 male; 4 female; 1 open

6th region - 14 male; 1 female; 3 open

7th region - 6 male; 6 female; 4 open

SK's coaches are all men for the ladies team.

 

You must not go to many SK Girl's games. Asst. Head Coach is female. Both freshmen coaches are female.

I'm through 59. Went alphabetically per KHSAA directory. I'm gonna stop and consider this an accurate enough sample size. 45 men, 14 women. That's approximately 23% women. So I'd say if you went through out the state it would be close to 1 female head coach for every 3 male head coaches.

You must not go to many SK Girl's games. Asst. Head Coach is female. Both freshmen coaches are female.

 

Don't you think Stowers son is more the assistant head coach?

 

I'm surprised by the numbers, I would have thought closer to 50% would have been female. I know our head coach is missing our assistant/JV female coach from last year, girls need that female relatability I think.

Don't you think Stowers son is more the assistant head coach?

 

I'm surprised by the numbers, I would have thought closer to 50% would have been female. I know our head coach is missing our assistant/JV female coach from last year, girls need that female relatability I think.

 

Hard to believe someone could be there 7 years and still be this unknown.

1st region:

 

6 females and 8 males

I think the number of female coaches will continue to grow.

Probably because male coaches are more influencing and intimidating. Male coaches probably make them play more aggressively. Its mostly human nature imo.

Hard to believe someone could be there 7 years and still be this unknown.

 

No disrespect towards Coach Olmstead, nor did I forget her. I was just saying it seems like Brenden Stowers is more the main assistant coach. You listed the SK coaches like he wasn't around, you said, "Asst. head coach is a female and both freshman coaches are female". When in reality two males are basically running the SK girls program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.