Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAngelo Williams, Steelers fans want to face Bengals in Week 1

Featured Replies

Williams listed four options, but his decision to end the tweet with "#Bengals" suggests he wants to see Cincinnati in Week 1. Though watching a bitter rivalry take place in Week 1 would be fun for NFL fans to watch, I don't think that's the reason Williams wants to play the Bengals early.

 

Coincidentally, Vontaze Burfict has been suspended for the first three games of the season. So is it any surprise the running back would rather face the Bengals when they're down their superstar linebacker?

 

DeAngelo Williams, Steelers fans want to face Bengals in Week 1 - Cincy Jungle

  • Author

It makes it easy to draw the conclusion that Williams wants to avoid any physical interactions with Tez and he would rather stick with tough talk about Tez.

He got what they wanted to not face Burfict in a game but Week 2.

Week 2 Bengals get smashed!

Not the Steelers fault or their fans fault! Tez can only blame himself and I love it!

is that the earliest the Bengals/Steelers have ever played? I sure can't remember one that early.

is that the earliest the Bengals/Steelers have ever played? I sure can't remember one that early.

 

Usually always one around the bye and another the last couple weeks of the season.

is that the earliest the Bengals/Steelers have ever played? I sure can't remember one that early.

 

Usually always one around the bye and another the last couple weeks of the season.

 

They played the second game of the season just a few years ago on Sunday night football I believe. It's one of the few prime time games the Bengals have won in the Dalton Era.

  • Author

I had a gut feeling all along the NFL would double down on Tez and the Bengals by making the Steelers game one of the first three played.

I had a gut feeling all along the NFL would double down on Tez and the Bengals by making the Steelers game one of the first three played.

 

Yeah, I certainly didn't find it surprising.

Yeah. I'm sure Williams/the Steelers are afraid of Burfict. That's it. :lol2: :lol2:

Yeah. I'm sure Williams/the Steelers are afraid of Burfict. That's it. :lol2: :lol2:

 

I don't think Williams/the Steelers are afraid of Burfict, I think the NFL is worried about that match up and what will happen. Burfict is unpredictable and obviously can't control his emotions on the field.

I don't think Williams/the Steelers are afraid of Burfict, I think the NFL is worried about that match up and what will happen. Burfict is unpredictable and obviously can't control his emotions on the field.

 

Well unless he leaves the Bengals, that match-up is going to happen eventually, and I don't think the feelings will go away for either team, regardless of when the first game is played.

I don't think Williams/the Steelers are afraid of Burfict, I think the NFL is worried about that match up and what will happen. Burfict is unpredictable and obviously can't control his emotions on the field.

 

What's sad is he kept his emotions pretty well under control for the first 59 minutes and 30 seconds of the game and would have been the hero and star of the game if Jeremy Hills fumble didn't happen. Instead he finally let his feelings get the best of him in the last 30 seconds. Ugh.

I don't think Williams/the Steelers are afraid of Burfict, I think the NFL is worried about that match up and what will happen. Burfict is unpredictable and obviously can't control his emotions on the field.

 

Well unless he leaves the Bengals, that match-up is going to happen eventually, and I don't think the feelings will go away for either team, regardless of when the first game is played.

 

Agreed! And quite honestly I think the nfl loves it. They need to make it look like they are trying to control it by making sure he misses their first game but I think they love it. That playoff game was the highest rated watched playoff game in the last 4 years. People will tune in to watch them play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.