Open Jobs/Filled Jobs 2016

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to their coach? Seemed to have a decent squad this past season. Also what was the coaches name?

Maybe someone on here has some further details. I was shocked and saddened. I really liked Coach Rogg. They have a solid team returning next season.

To the best of my knowledge, here are the jobs that are still open as of today:

1. Paducah Tilghman

2, Ohio County

3. Whitefield Academy

4. Casey County

5. Dayton

6. Maysville St. Patrick

I hope an updated list of job openings and hires can be posted on this thread.

Per yesterday's Kentucky New Era, after one season, Chris Sullivan has resigned as head basketball coach at Todd County Central to become an assistant coach at Hopkinsville. If I am not mistaken, the senior class for next year will have had four head basketball coaches in the past four seasons at Todd Central.

• 2 weeks later...

St. Patrick High School Maysville Kentucky has a new Boy's Varsity Basketball Coach. Coach John Kirkpatrick 2016 KABC 3rd Region Coach of the year while coaching at Whitesville Trinity outside of Owensboro. St. Patrick is very pleased to have hired such talent both in the basketball program and in the classroom in his teaching position. Welcome Coach Kirkpatrick!

A couple of things-

A. I read in the Owensboro

Messenger-Inquier for today

that Tony Hopper has been

named basketball coach at

Ohio County. Can anyone

find out about this.

B. Also, Whitesvile Trinity is

needing a basketball coach

now that its coach has gone

to Maysville St. Patrick.

St. Patrick High School Maysville Kentucky has a new Boy's Varsity Basketball Coach. Coach John Kirkpatrick 2016 KABC 3rd Region Coach of the year while coaching at Whitesville Trinity outside of Owensboro. St. Patrick is very pleased to have hired such talent both in the basketball program and in the classroom in his teaching position. Welcome Coach Kirkpatrick!

He'll be high intensity and highly competitive. Perfect for that school. He's a steal. Much respect for a guy coming from the 3rd. He will have to adjust to new officials but will transition nicely due to similar school setting. Good luck Coach Kirkpatrick

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw in the Bowling Green Daily News that Nelson Cundiff has been named head boys basketball coach at South Warren. He was an assistant coach last year at South Warren and was a star player in the 1980's for Russellville. Cundiff has had experience as a head coach at Todd Central, Nelson County, and Mercer County according to the BG Daily News.