Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taylor County 94 Mason County 65 (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Featured Replies

I just don't understand how other schools and the KHSAA should be involved in how Mason County handles disciplines of their students. No one knows what discipline they have or have not taken. Don't get me wrong, I am not taking up for Pig or never will, just the bashing of a top notch program that may or may not made mistakes.

 

You don't have to understand because they don't have a say.

 

I don't understand people

Thinking that other 10 region schools can do something

  • Replies 57
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because one kid made a terrible, life changing decision on the night before the biggest stage of his life does not mean Mason County is horrible or a bad program. This makes since to vote to have it somewhere else and costs yourself thousands of dollars again. Schools lost thousands this year. How you tie Pig's stupid decision to where the region is held is mind boggling. Pig is not the only player to be suspended in the tenth this year. We played Paris this year and Garrard was suspended and it was hardly mentioned. By if a Mason player gets suspended on the biggest stage, we should get the death penalty. We could have the region at Clark's new gym,,,oh wait, they don't have one. I am proud of Mason County and what they have accomplished. Does one mistake over look all of the great players we have produced. Have people forgot about Lyons, Lofton, Miller, Settys, Grutza and many many more. We must be doing something right because the hatred for Mason County by many people is just unbelievable. Mason will have a team next year and we will be pretty good. So all of you other schools, just show up and try to beat us like many could not do this year. Most regions would be proud of a team in their region that has two state championships and is a contender every year. But not the tenth region an their fans. Some of these poster are ridiculous over one kid that made the mistake of his life thus far. WOW!!!!

 

Sumo don't take it so personally, I consider you and papa good friends. There are things we will not agree on but I am not a Mason Co hater. Posters were wanting Mason banned, which I believe should not happen. I just threw out something that schools might consider instead.

 

^ Haters gonna hate. Especially Mason County.

 

Come on papa you know I am not a hater of Mason Co. Why should I?

Bottom line is this. AGAIN. Parents and players sign an agreement at the beginning of the season that includes RULES/REGULATIONS AND ZERO TOLERENCE POLICIES, in order to play ball. THERE ARE NO GREY AREAS. NONE!! (Get on the Mason County website and you can find it) If a student athlete breaks that rule or rules and is allowed to continue to play....because of various "Inhouse reasons" it is called having "double standards". I don't care what defense you can find for it or how many ways you can shake it up. That is what it is called!! THIS IS A COMMON THEME here the past few years. It sends the wrong message And it benefits the athlete none.

I'm not gonna bash Pig. He doesn't deserve that and that isn't the point here. He has had enough people bashing him and needs to learn from this and move on. BUT....if rules are set and leadership within our school system doesn't follow the rules that THEY THEMSELVES PUT IN PLACE. Why have the rules to begin with. WE ARE TO AFRAID OF WHO WE MAKE MAD or WHO WE OFFEND. THE RULES CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHO TOU ARE. It is like shooting at a moving target. This is a fact. I can name countless times this has happened and give very good examples of it. I'm not going to BUT I ASSURE YOU I CAN. Some of which would embarrass lots of people. So if I seem upset. Well you guessed it. Many people have been wronged by this nonsense, including myself. And not a person within our school has enough manhood to say they did anything wrong. And that's disappointing. THE PROBLEM BEGINS AND ENDS WITH DISPLINE....OR THE LACK OF.

However,....IF Biggs was still coaching at Ashland we wouldn't even be having any of this conversation and nobody would even care. Because we would have gotten beat first game of District against Bracken. And if you have been paying attention the last three years prior to Biggs arrival. You understand.

Partial Rant over for second time....(to be continued)

Sumo don't take it so personally, I consider you and papa good friends. There are things we will not agree on but I am not a Mason Co hater. Posters were wanting Mason banned, which I believe should not happen. I just threw out something that schools might consider

Come on papa you know I am not a hater of Mason Co. Why should I?

 

I still love you GS and really enjoy talking to you every chance we get. On the other hand, you do post negative posts about Mason especially about having the tourney at The best place in the region. Do you really believe the other schools should consider that just because one kid made a big mistake at the worst time? I'm sure Mason gave him every chance they possibly could and he still blew it. Is that on Mason?

Sumo don't take it so personally, I consider you and papa good friends. There are things we will not agree on but I am not a Mason Co hater. Posters were wanting Mason banned, which I believe should not happen. I just threw out something that schools might consider instead.

 

 

 

Come on papa you know I am not a hater of Mason Co. Why should I?

 

GS, you know I take it personally. You talk about Mason I am included in that. I graduated from there and has been in the sports program for 27 years. When people talk about Clark, don't you take it personally? If not, I will say worse things next time, Just Kidding!!!!

Sumo don't take it so personally, I consider you and papa good friends. There are things we will not agree on but I am not a Mason Co hater. Posters were wanting Mason banned, which I believe should not happen. I just threw out something that schools might consider instead.

 

 

 

Come on papa you know I am not a hater of Mason Co. Why should I?

 

That's a generic "haters gonna hate". There are MANY on here who have no love for Mason County sports of all sorts, but particularly boys' basketball. Obvious by reading several threads, not only this season, but over the years.

 

But having the 39th host somewhere other than Mason County would be a TREMENDOUS disservice to everyone involved. Imagine the financial hit to the schools on that scenario. In a time of scrabbling for every last dollar, that would be a bad, bad move. Not to mention a couple thousand fans being turned away every session.

I'll try this again.

 

If Mason wants to bend THEIR rules for their kids one, two or three times that's their business. The only ones who should be calling for the coaches and administration to review/explain their interpretations of THEIR rules is the tax payers/ parents of student athletes.

 

Goldies post was only ment to show a way the other district schools could show their displeasure in Mason's handling of discipline in their athletics.

 

Goldie is not a hater... lol, smh

GS, you know I take it personally. You talk about Mason I am included in that. I graduated from there and has been in the sports program for 27 years. When people talk about Clark, don't you take it personally? If not, I will say worse things next time, Just Kidding!!!!

 

 

Sumo I didn't say any thing bad about Mason, not sure why you are upset on my post. Heck other posters were wanting to band you all. On the bolded. Heck fire away my friend all is good.

I'll try this again.

 

If Mason wants to bend THEIR rules for their kids one, two or three times that's their business. The only ones who should be calling for the coaches and administration to review/explain their interpretations of THEIR rules is the tax payers/ parents of student athletes.

 

Goldies post was only ment to show a way the other district schools could show their displeasure in Mason's handling of discipline in their athletics.

 

Goldie is not a hater... lol, smh

 

:thumb: Thanks my friend. Exactly what I was doing.

I'll try this again.

 

If Mason wants to bend THEIR rules for their kids one, two or three times that's their business. The only ones who should be calling for the coaches and administration to review/explain their interpretations of THEIR rules is the tax payers/ parents of student athletes.

 

Goldies post was only ment to show a way the other district schools could show their displeasure in Mason's handling of discipline in their athletics.

 

Goldie is not a hater... lol, smh

 

The part I like is how everyone knows exactly how Mason handle discipline on their players and especially Pig. I am with the program on a daily basis and I don't know and don't want to know, but everyone else in the state does. It's not my business or my job.

This thread has been a good read but in the end, this thread is more salty than that pound of bacon I just had for breakfast.

 

Mason Co lost this game plain and simple. Their best player was kicked off the team for participating in activities unbecoming of the program. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome anyway.

 

This thread was intended to be about this particular game and the players that participated in it. Not players that were not eligible.

 

Calling for Mason Co head is a bit absurd. If they are setting double standards then someone should provide proof to KHSAA and not here on BGP. If wrong doing occurred then I absolutely agree that the hell hammer be levied on Mason. BUT until proof is shown I will take it for what it is. Kid screwed up and in turn hampered his whole team. At the end of the day the sun will rise tomorrow and he will learn from this. The team had a great season and that should not be lost in this.

 

Posters wanting to boycott the Feildhouse for the region tournament because of one kids actions is a way out there as well. The facility while being on Mason Co campus has nothing to do with a tournament being hosted there.

So some of you out believe rules were broken all year and the folks in charge did not discipline. And then before arguably the biggest game of the year, decide to punish a kid for an infraction. If that were the case, they would have waited a week to punish or again turned a blind eye to the infraction.

So some of you out believe rules were broken all year and the folks in charge did not discipline. And then before arguably the biggest game of the year, decide to punish a kid for an infraction. If that were the case, they would have waited a week to punish or again turned a blind eye to the infraction.

 

If something was going to get swept under a rug, I can't think of a better time to do it than right before the state tournament.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.