Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 53 Christian County 50 (Sweet 16 1st Round)

Featured Replies

South Laurel deserves some credit for not allowing Christian County to ever get comfortable. I saw a lot of individual play as well but they never looked comfortable today. South Laurel controlled the pace and tempo of this game. Christian County took a lot of bad shots and most of Edwards points came on layups in transition or through penetrating through the defense. He was never really forced to shoot a jumper and as a team Christian County couldn't score in a half court set. South Laurel executed a great game plan and will move on as a result.

 

Totally agree about the tempo. South Laurel dictated the pace, took their time, made Christian County work on defense and just broke them down. Edwards can't shoot from the outside, but he did make some nice moves to the basket. But he's only 5-7 or 5-8 at most, and shooting over him was easy for the taller South Laurel guards. Edwards would be a pretty good D-2 or NAIA player, but the posters in here comparing him to Hickey are way off in their evaluations. Nice high school player, but his lack of height will make it tough.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see Coach Davis get this win, there was some heat forming under his seat going into this year due to not getting out of the district in his first three years at South Laurel. It had more to do with the talent level he inherited than the coaching.

South Laurel has a very good chance to be in the state championship game. They control tempo and take very good shots. Doss is similar to Christian County and will have a very tough time adapting to the pace of South Laurel. I think South Laurel will beat Doss and advance to the semifinals. Doss is good at penetrating and getting to the basket, but their outside shooting is also suspect. They also play a lot of the 1-on-1, which got Christian County into trouble today.

After watching Doss earlier, I think South Laurel matches up well with them and can make a nice run to the state championship game

Christian Counties mistake was not full court pressing more. South had a hard time getting the ball up the floor under pressure. I'd like to see South make a run, I hope Doss doesn't press them tomorrow. I really like this South Laurel team. This was my first time watching them this year.

Christian Counties mistake was not full court pressing more. South had a hard time getting the ball up the floor under pressure. I'd like to see South make a run, I hope Doss doesn't press them tomorrow. I really like this South Laurel team. This was my first time watching them this year.

 

I thought the same thing. From the opening tip I kept asking why they weren't pressing full court. When they did, South Laurel struggled to handle it.

 

Also, i kept expecting Ware to get it going from 3, but he couldn't get any to fall. Christian Co didn't shoot the ball well at all.

Doss will bring the pressure you can bet, and it will be non stop will be my guess. They go about 7-8 deep and like to cause chaos. I also think they are a better outside shooting team then they are given credit for, although I think Rupp has messed with all of the teams and there shooting. South Laurel is really a nice team, we will see how they handle pressure tomorrow.

I think Christian County came in to the game a little too confident. Jaylen Sebree didn't attack nearly enough and Ware couldn't hit an outside shot. I didn't expect them to win it all but I expected them beat South Laurel. No disrespect to South though. They're a very good team.

Never a shocker. I've watched South Laurel all year. I've said it all year. But what do I know. Plus according to the Cantrall Ratings South was favored. So a shocker? I say not.

True, but a whole lot of people's Sweet 16 champion in contests just lost in round 1.

LOL. A shocker? Maybe a lot of people need to get out and watch more basketball. I've said all year South Laurel is good and a state contender. But nah. Keep believing they're not.

Doss will bring the pressure you can bet, and it will be non stop will be my guess. They go about 7-8 deep and like to cause chaos. I also think they are a better outside shooting team then they are given credit for, although I think Rupp has messed with all of the teams and there shooting. South Laurel is really a nice team, we will see how they handle pressure tomorrow.

 

 

South doesn't play Doss tomorrow. Lol.

I'm glad to see Coach Davis get this win, there was some heat forming under his seat going into this year due to not getting out of the district in his first three years at South Laurel. It had more to do with the talent level he inherited than the coaching.

 

Actually Jeff Davis got out the district his first two years at South.

Never a shocker. I've watched South Laurel all year. I've said it all year. But what do I know. Plus according to the Cantrall Ratings South was favored. So a shocker? I say not.

 

As I think you know, I've told folks all year that SL was underrated. I never saw Christian County so I wasn't sure what to expect in this one.

 

I will say that SL at #2 is too high. I'd put them in the 12-14 range, possibly as high as 10th.

South doesn't play Doss tomorrow. Lol.

 

For years the bracket made absolute perfect sense making it as simple as pie to remember the schedule and matchups, yet for whatever goofy reason this year they shift stuff around, and has everyone thinking that S. Laurel will now face Doss, which is a perfect example of the confusion that it has created that anyone who looked at the bracket before tourney started knew was bound to happen.

 

They can claim any cockamamie reason for doing this, but all I see it is as downright stupid.

 

It was fine all along...they should've left it alone.

 

It's kinda like Microsoft thinking that Windows 8 was a good idea. They couldn't leave well enough alone.

LOL. A shocker? Maybe a lot of people need to get out and watch more basketball. I've said all year South Laurel is good and a state contender. But nah. Keep believing they're not.

 

I've said all year that 20+ teams are good enough to win state this year. But keep believing no one knows basketball more than you.

 

Funny how you pop up when you can proven right but disappear when your team is struggling. Congrats on the win. Good luck tomorrow. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.