Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 64 Conner 55 (9th Region Semi-Final)

Featured Replies

96 tears.

 

No tears at all. Most of NKY know what I'm talking about. It's always amazing to watch the refs call completely different second halfs against opponents when they are challenging for a win or to keep it close.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No tears at all. Most of NKY know what I'm talking about. It's always amazing to watch the refs call completely different second halfs against opponents when they are challenging for a win or to keep it close.

 

I see. Gosh, I thought CCH's success was due to talent, coaching and hard work. How dare I be so delslusional. I didn't realize the refs from around KY were helping too. Thanks for setting me straight.

 

I guess the refs that officiated the Cooper, Trinity, and Holy Cross regular season games were not from KY or didn't attend the proper pre-season classes.

I see. Gosh, I thought CCH's success was due to talent, coaching and hard work. How dare I be so delslusional. I didn't realize the refs from around KY were helping too. Thanks for setting me straight.

 

Your welcome!!!! I do agree with your statement, but it's always amusing how the refs change the way they call a game from the first half to the second half when an opposing team has a chance.

The fouls mounted in the second half for Conner but it wasn't until they had to foul did they have any real foul trouble. I think half way through the 3rd quarter Conner only had three players in the scoring column. I also do not think Conner led at any point in the game. They played tough and made shots but CCH seemed very sloppy at times with unforced turnovers and multiple missed put backs. Overall, Conner played a good game and gave CCH a lot of fits but the better team won.

No tears at all. Most of NKY know what I'm talking about. It's always amazing to watch the refs call completely different second halfs against opponents when they are challenging for a win or to keep it close.

 

Something to consider while forming your assessment is that the refs for the 9th Region Tournament are not 9th Region officials. Those guys went down to EKU to call the 11th Region Tourney.

Something to consider while forming your assessment is that the refs for the 9th Region Tournament are not 9th Region officials. Those guys went down to EKU to call the 11th Region Tourney.

 

But these guys had to be approved by CCH, right ? And Catholic.

But these guys had to be approved by CCH, right ? And Catholic.

 

Yeah... I think that's how it works. :sssh:

I'm not a fan of either team. But I watched the game and I will tell you that CVH gets by with some offensive fouls. And sometimes it gets called on the defense when it was clearly a foul on him. Do I think that won the game for Cov Cath? No, but it didn't help Connor in their fight at all. I'm not one to complain usually about officiating, but there was some BAD calls for sure. And most benefitted CovCath. I'm sure some will disagree with me but I have two coaches sitting by me and both agreed with me.

 

I agree 100%. He jumps into the defender and loves to hook the defender to get around them. I do think CVH is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's as good as some people have made him out to be. He'll be a nice D2 maybe D3 player. But either, way blaming the officials gets you nowhere.

I agree 100%. He jumps into the defender and loves to hook the defender to get around them. I do think CVH is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he's as good as some people have made him out to be. He'll be a nice D2 maybe D3 player. But either, way blaming the officials gets you nowhere.

 

Maybe D3?

 

Credibility lost.

Something to consider while forming your assessment is that the refs for the 9th Region Tournament are not 9th Region officials. Those guys went down to EKU to call the 11th Region Tourney.

 

I am well aware of that. My comments are based more of what I observe in the regular season than in the regional tournaments. It just seems like they've done a great job at brainwashing the good old boys club of officials that we have in the 9th region.

I have to agree somewhat with what people are saying regarding the officiating in NKY, but it is not just CovCath that gets benefit of many calls. With that said, I do want to ask questions about a few calls/non-calls made yesterday and would like some honest answers.

 

CovCath throws a ball away and Connelly steals it and is absolutely hammered across the arm by Ruthsatz and whistle swallowed. Ruthsatz drives to basket and gets by Padgett who clearly gets all ball and on top of it at that and whistle blows. Frederick and VonHandorf get separation virtually everytime they have the ball by firmly placing the off arm in the chest of the defender, how is that not a foul since it creates an offensive advantage. Lastly, VonHandorf backs Scott down from the free throw lane to under the basket and yet no call is made. This is not the NBA folks. I will sit back and listen to what people have to say based upon what they witnessed.

 

No dog in the fight, but just some general observations that I made while having a pretty good view of the action.

I have to agree somewhat with what people are saying regarding the officiating in NKY, but it is not just CovCath that gets benefit of many calls. With that said, I do want to ask questions about a few calls/non-calls made yesterday and would like some honest answers.

 

CovCath throws a ball away and Connelly steals it and is absolutely hammered across the arm by Ruthsatz and whistle swallowed. Ruthsatz drives to basket and gets by Padgett who clearly gets all ball and on top of it at that and whistle blows. Frederick and VonHandorf get separation virtually everytime they have the ball by firmly placing the off arm in the chest of the defender, how is that not a foul since it creates an offensive advantage. Lastly, VonHandorf backs Scott down from the free throw lane to under the basket and yet no call is made. This is not the NBA folks. I will sit back and listen to what people have to say based upon what they witnessed.

 

No dog in the fight, but just some general observations that I made while having a pretty good view of the action.

 

I would like to see film on Ruthsatz chasing down the Conner player on the breakaway. I was on the opposite end so it was hard to tell if he got the ball or the arm.

 

I did think CVH could have been called for displacing the defender when he was posting up. Needs to be careful there. You can't just keep moving the guy towards the baseline. Some officials will grab that.

 

Don't recall the other plays you mentioned.

Maybe D3?

 

Credibility lost.

 

Did not mean to imply that he was maybe a D3 player. I said "maybe D3" meaning if he doesn't get anything D2 then he would be a nice D3 player.

Did not mean to imply that he was maybe a D3 player. I said "maybe D3" meaning if he doesn't get anything D2 then he would be a nice D3 player.

 

He already has a couple of D1 offers. Should he decline those he'll play D2.

He already has a couple of D1 offers. Should he decline those he'll play D2.

 

I didn't know this. No reason to be offended. Where are his offers from?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.