Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 64 Conner 55 (9th Region Semi-Final)

Featured Replies

I didn't know this. No reason to be offended. Where are his offers from?

 

I apologize. Came across poorly. No excuse.

 

I want to say NKU, Winthrop, and maybe DePaul. Not sure of others.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has this game on film I'd love to see it. I don't recall "hand checking" calls against Conner. I do recall them getting called on drives by CVH from the right wing. Those looked legit to me from my angle as they knocked him off his line. Love to see if my recollection is reflected in the film.

I am well aware of that. My comments are based more of what I observe in the regular season than in the regional tournaments. It just seems like they've done a great job at brainwashing the good old boys club of officials that we have in the 9th region.

 

Following your line of posting starting with post #26, then #31, and so on... you got the flow of your thoughts going by saying...

 

"Of course Cov.Cath. got the majority of the favorable calls. If you are a 9th region b-ball fan it is routine. Wasn't at the game but was told after just about every call the officials were over chatting with Ruthsatz and his cronies."

 

....suggesting that CCH benefited from the "business as usual officiating" that you are describing, which lead me to wonder how it could be "business as usual officiating" when the game wasn't called by the usual 9th Region refs?

 

You say that you are aware of this when I brought it to your attention, but your initial comments either pointed to you not being aware, but if you were, then your comments lack logic because...

 

...You knew that it was different refs, but still you pin it on these refs as if they are somehow part of the 9th region stranglehold officiating of which you speak, which doesn't add up, so now you are suggesting that you were just talking about the regular season when it was your commentary regarding yesterday's tournament game that kicked off your accusations to begin with.

 

???

 

I'm not sure that this makes any sense.

 

???

 

Are you sure that it does???

Following your line of posting starting with post #26, then #31, and so on... you got the flow of your thoughts going by saying...

 

"Of course Cov.Cath. got the majority of the favorable calls. If you are a 9th region b-ball fan it is routine. Wasn't at the game but was told after just about every call the officials were over chatting with Ruthsatz and his cronies."

 

....suggesting that CCH benefited from the "business as usual officiating" that you are describing, which lead me to wonder how it could be "business as usual officiating" when the game wasn't called by the usual 9th Region refs?

 

You say that you are aware of this when I brought it to your attention, but your initial comments either pointed to you not being aware, but if you were, then your comments lack logic because...

 

...You knew that it was different refs, but still you pin it on these refs as if they are somehow part of the 9th region stranglehold officiating of which you speak, which doesn't add up, so now you are suggesting that you were just talking about the regular season when it was your commentary regarding yesterday's tournament game that kicked off your accusations to begin with.

 

???

 

I'm not sure that this makes any sense.

 

???

 

Are you sure that it does???

 

My apologies for not being completely spot on with my comments for you. I also believe that they do get the benefit of calls or non calls in the regionals. Because of their success officials know of them more and seem to give them the benefit of doubt more. Just my observations and opinion. I know a lot of people do not agree with me and my theory.

My apologies for not being completely spot on with my comments for you. I also believe that they do get the benefit of calls or non calls in the regionals. Because of their success officials know of them more and seem to give them the benefit of doubt more. Just my observations and opinion. I know a lot of people do not agree with me and my theory.

 

:lol2: I'm just messin' with you. :lol2:

 

You'll soon find that a lot of folks on here including myself hold others to their words, prompting us to think carefully before posting. We keep each other in check, but we're just having fun and mean no harm.

 

Welcome aboard.

No idea if CCH actually gets more calls than others but I'll say this.

 

If other teams believe this to be true CCH is already ahead.

No idea if CCH actually gets more calls than others but I'll say this.

 

If other teams believe this to be true CCH is already ahead.

 

This.

:lol2: I'm just messin' with you. :lol2:

 

You'll soon find that a lot of folks on here including myself hold others to their words, prompting us to think carefully before posting. We keep each other in check, but we're just having fun and mean no harm.

 

Welcome aboard.

I know B-Ball-Fan. I really do enjoy your thoughtfull posts and responses to other posts. I have really enjoyed reading this site for a while and respect everyone's opinions. Now that I have become a member there were some things that have bothered me and wanted to get off my chest. I really like to have fun and razz people also. Now that I've gotten the things off my chest I will relax and not sound so much like a hard case. I really enjoy high school sports and the competitiveness and heart of the kids. Thanks for welcoming to the site and look forward to great conversations with everyone.

I know B-Ball-Fan. I really do enjoy your thoughtfull posts and responses to other posts. I have really enjoyed reading this site for a while and respect everyone's opinions. Now that I have become a member there were some things that have bothered me and wanted to get off my chest. I really like to have fun and razz people also. Now that I've gotten the things off my chest I will relax and not sound so much like a hard case. I really enjoy high school sports and the competitiveness and heart of the kids. Thanks for welcoming to the site and look forward to great conversations with everyone.

 

LIKE

Almost every game I watch if I have a rooting interest I remember the 50/50 calls that go against the team I am rooting for. I rarely remember a 50/50 call that goes my way. Naturally about half probably go my way. I am guessing that a lot of non CCH fans want to see them lose more often than not leading some to believe they get a favorable whistle.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.