February 29, 201610 yr Rides off into the sunset. Pretty amazing career with a great ending.I was gonna like this post, but the likes have done rode off into the sunset as well or so it seems.
February 29, 201610 yr I'm glad, this is how he should end his career. Now I expect him to get involved with either the Titans or Browns as a Part Owner.
February 29, 201610 yr I'm glad, this is how he should end his career. Now I expect him to get involved with either the Titans or Browns as a Part Owner. Why the Browns?
March 1, 201610 yr Why the Browns? He has a past business relationship and friendship with the owner. Owner is from Knoxville.
March 1, 201610 yr He has a past business relationship and friendship with the owner. Owner is from Knoxville. That's what I was looking for.
March 1, 201610 yr I look for Haslam to go after Manning to be more of Elway type of role with the Browns maybe not a strong of a role. Supposedly Manning told Haslam that they would never be successful with Banner running things then Banner was gone. The two definitely have a connection. But I’m feeling good about Hue Jackson I think he will be able to get more out of the players then past coaches.
March 1, 201610 yr I look for Haslam to go after Manning to be more of Elway type of role with the Browns maybe not a strong of a role. Supposedly Manning told Haslam that they would never be successful with Banner running things then Banner was gone. The two definitely have a connection. But I’m feeling good about Hue Jackson I think he will be able to get more out of the players then past coaches. The possibility of bringing Manning to the Browns has been talked about in Cleveland for several months since Haslem is from Knoxville and is friends with Manning. But I doubt Manning is the one who gave that advice to Haslem. I noticed that Haslem cleaned house right after the owners meetings last year. My hunch is that Jimmy Haslem went to the owners' meetings and one or more of his fellow owners (like Jerry Jones) pulled him aside and said, "Banner is making you look like a chump. He sits there at his press conferences looking like a mafia boss and you're by HIS side looking like a little brother who is tagging along. You gotta get rid of him if you want to be respected as an owner." Jimmy landed in Cleveland and cleaned house dumping Banner and Mike Lombardi in one fell swoop. He installed Ray Farmer as GM and threw Pettine and Farmer together as a team. They said they could work together, but then losing has a way of casting blame around and now Farmer and Pettine are both gone. Please, Hue, put a stop to this haunted carousel!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.