February 25, 201610 yr I don't normally do this, but I told you so. http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/villanova-xavier-thoughts-323492.html#post5863387
February 25, 201610 yr Man, it is impossible to talk about that game without pointing out the play that JP Macura made to rip the rebound away from Jenkins, flip it to a teammate, and ultimately created Jenkins' 5th foul. Just an amazing play. Fun, fun game. Awesome game indeed. Jenkins was lazy on that play and didn't even make an effort to box JP out. If Jenkins makes an effort to box JP out, he (Jenkins) gets an easy rebound & avoids his 5th foul. Costly, costly mistake.
February 25, 201610 yr Oh and it's time to wonder if Sumner and Trevon decide to take their talents to the league next season....Weak draft class, stock may never be higher.... I think Sumner should for sure.
February 25, 201610 yr With a better than decent postseason, and his size, Sumner would be gone. I would be surprised to see Sumner leave.
February 25, 201610 yr I would be surprised to see Sumner leave. If Knight and Teague can get drafted after their Freshman years, then Sumner has a chance to be a very high pick. Knight came on very strong in the NCAAs and his stock soared. Sumner just took apart the #1 team in the country, heading into the postseason. If he averages 15-16per with 4-5 assists per and they get 6 games out of the 2 tournaments, he's got to be gone.
February 25, 201610 yr If Knight and Teague can get drafted after their Freshman years, then Sumner has a chance to be a very high pick. Knight came on very strong in the NCAAs and his stock soared. Sumner just took apart the #1 team in the country, heading into the postseason. If he averages 15-16per with 4-5 assists per and they get 6 games out of the 2 tournaments, he's got to be gone. If he's not hearing DEFINITES about being a lottery pick why would he leave unless he just doesn't like being in college? Stay a second year, improve your body, improve your play and THEN go be potential lottery pick. Teague is exactly why he SHOULD NOT leave.
February 25, 201610 yr If he's not hearing DEFINITES about being a lottery pick why would he leave unless he just doesn't like being in college? Stay a second year, improve your body, improve your play and THEN go be potential lottery pick. Teague is exactly why he SHOULD NOT leave. I agree. I am throwing out the scenario that could see him leave.
February 25, 201610 yr If he's not hearing DEFINITES about being a lottery pick why would he leave unless he just doesn't like being in college? Stay a second year, improve your body, improve your play and THEN go be potential lottery pick. Teague is exactly why he SHOULD NOT leave. Because next year's draft class is going to be leaps and bounds better than this year's. Sumner very well could improve his game tremendously with another year and his stock may not rise, and may even fall. If he's a projected 1st rounder, he's gotta go.
February 25, 201610 yr The good news for Xavier is they have the Semaj Christon cautionary tale to use to try and persuade Ed to hang around (barring a lock-stock guarantee Lottery pick). Ed has wild ups and downs, has had a hard time staying healthy (missed all of last year with knee tendinitis), and has to get a lot stronger. He struggles to guard small (and quick) PG's, even though he is typically their equal in quickness, because he struggles to get low enough. His shot is erratic as well. Could he get white-hot and carry this team to the 3rd weekend? Sure. Would he be a fool to come back in that case? Probably. Barring that, they fully expect him to be back. Trevon Bluiett could stay in school 3 more months or 13 more years, that dude isn't an NBA player. I love Tre, both on and off the court, but his opportunities in the Association are going to be very limited. He will absolutely be back. He is really unathletic, he knows it, they know it, and that is going to be an issue for him. Now, he is a high-level bucket-getter, so he may get a shot, but if LeDontae Henton can't stick in the NBA (and he is WAY more dynamic and athletic than Tre) (and he was a beast in the summer league this year), Tre will need to catch lightning in a bottle.
February 26, 201610 yr If Knight and Teague can get drafted after their Freshman years, then Sumner has a chance to be a very high pick. Knight came on very strong in the NCAAs and his stock soared. Sumner just took apart the #1 team in the country, heading into the postseason. If he averages 15-16per with 4-5 assists per and they get 6 games out of the 2 tournaments, he's got to be gone. Teague is a good example , not Knight. Knight had one of the best freshman seasons in Kentucky history. Proves my point in another thread his season flies under the radar.
February 28, 201610 yr My friends and I had fun. I'm surprised this was the only game I made it to so far this season. I think they will be very hard to beat come tournament time.
February 29, 201610 yr The best team in Ohio wins again. What happen to the best team in Ohio vs Seton Hall?
February 29, 201610 yr Unlike most Kentucky fans on here, I won't make excuses. I will say they were beaten by a better team on this day. Win with class Lose with class
February 29, 201610 yr Unlike most Kentucky fans on here, I won't make excuses. I will say they were beaten by a better team on this day. Win with class Lose with class Did the better coached team win today?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.