Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feel the Bern!

Featured Replies

I heard an interesting comment last night. Hillary has NEVER had her numbers increase over time. 2008 started strong and then dwindled. NY Senate started at 67 and ended at 67.

 

To know her is to dislike her.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Bernie is playing to the most ill informed voters, college students. And it's working great. Trump is doing almost the same exact thing as well.

 

Supporters of both feel that government is no longer working for them. That is not an ill-informed opinion. It is a very accurate perception.

Supporters of both feel that government is no longer working for them. That is not an ill-informed opinion. It is a very accurate perception.

 

They just want free tuition and no college debt. They are scared they might actually have to work to pay off their debt. College is a privilege not a right.

Supporters of both feel that government is no longer working for them. That is not an ill-informed opinion. It is a very accurate perception.

 

The college age hipster crowd and other demographics that Bernie attracts are not worried about government working for them, they are worried about government handing them something they have not earned. The young ones have no skin in the game yet want to be rewarded as if they have actually done something worth rewarding.

  • Author

I'll just go by my son, a college freshman. He was mad when I would not let him get a job his first semester. He made dean's list and spent the break finding a job on campus. He follows a lot of the news, and appears to be "trying on" various positions about things for the last couple years. He doesn't appear to be abnormal or unusual as compared to his classmates. He and his friends twitter stuff back and forth all the time. (I spy on him). I think you guys may be selling these kids short a little bit. There is a difference between asking for a hand-out and asking for things to be fair.

I'll just go by my son, a college freshman. He was mad when I would not let him get a job his first semester. He made dean's list and spent the break finding a job on campus. He follows a lot of the news, and appears to be "trying on" various positions about things for the last couple years. He doesn't appear to be abnormal or unusual as compared to his classmates. He and his friends twitter stuff back and forth all the time. (I spy on him). I think you guys may be selling these kids short a little bit. There is a difference between asking for a hand-out and asking for things to be fair.

I'm curious what he/you consider unfair? I have a college junior so, not that dissimilar.

What is fair about forcing others to pay for their college education, medical care, food, housing, phones etc...?

I'll just go by my son, a college freshman. He was mad when I would not let him get a job his first semester. He made dean's list and spent the break finding a job on campus. He follows a lot of the news, and appears to be "trying on" various positions about things for the last couple years. He doesn't appear to be abnormal or unusual as compared to his classmates. He and his friends twitter stuff back and forth all the time. (I spy on him). I think you guys may be selling these kids short a little bit. There is a difference between asking for a hand-out and asking for things to be fair.

 

His university should probably take him off of the Dean's List. They should give some of his A's to the kids that have D's and F's. Just because they didn't work as hard to get the grades that your son did, doesn't mean they should be treated unfairly in the grading process.

I think the biggest cause for concern for Hillary, and I think it was mentioned in a thread on here, was that she lost last night among among female voters. That's got to be worrisome.

Under Sanders, income and jobs would soar, economist says - Feb. 8, 2016

 

 

Calling these kids dumb and uninformed will get us a long way with them I'm certain. :thumb:

 

An economist, that is far from unbiased in how he feels about Bernie Sanders, thinks that under Sanders things will be great. That's not surprising.

 

From the same article:

 

Other economists, however, feel that Friedman's analysis is overly optimistic, saying it would be difficult to achieve that level of economic prosperity. Last week, the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget said Sanders' plan to pay for health care would fall short by at least $3 trillion.

I will say tuition is getting too high, I will concede that point. It's getting pretty out of control. But for it to be free? That's basically promising free lunch when kids run for class presidents in high school.

Supporters of both feel that government is no longer working for them. That is not an ill-informed opinion. It is a very accurate perception.

 

I'll agree, but I could never vote for either of those folks.

  • Author
I'm curious what he/you consider unfair? I have a college junior so, not that dissimilar.

 

I will list one, the campaign finance system. It is now a cancer on our democracy.

I will say tuition is getting too high, I will concede that point. It's getting pretty out of control. But for it to be free? That's basically promising free lunch when kids run for class presidents in high school.

 

I wonder what the colleges themselves can do to offset the cost for these students.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.