Who is winning Mr. Basketball

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised that Faulkner isn't getting more love. Is it simply because we're not overly familiar with Caverna?

I think their record and opponents have more to do with it than anything else. Not being familiar with Caverna also plays a part. I think they were up in Lexington for the Traditional Bank tournament in December. If I am not mistaken he was under the weather and didn't have a great showing. It seems like his momentum slowed some after that.

I'd like to see Williams win it. He plays for an All A school; he has a tremendous work ethic; he plays hard all the time; and he has always seemed pretty humble. I also like the strong academics though I understand that shouldn't be a factor.

Now for the complaint. Are we seriously to the point that we make flyers to campaign for these kids' run for Mr. Basketball? I could go on and on and on and on about this. It is ludicrous, sad and funny all at the same time. Francis Underwood would be proud!

I'd like to see Williams win it. He plays for an All A school; he has a tremendous work ethic; he plays hard all the time; and he has always seemed pretty humble. I also like the strong academics though I understand that shouldn't be a factor.

Now for the complaint. Are we seriously to the point that we make flyers to campaign for these kids' run for Mr. Basketball? I could go on and on and on and on about this. It is ludicrous, sad and funny all at the same time. Francis Underwood would be proud!

Love the Francis Undersood reference. That was very well done. :lol2:

The flyers don't bother me. I like seeing all of the players accomplishments. I am a stats geek though so that may be part of the reason.

Love the Francis Undersood reference. That was very well done. :lol2:

The flyers don't bother me. I like seeing all of the players accomplishments. I am a stats geek though so that may be part of the reason.

Glad you appreciated the House of Cards reference!

I don't know whose flyers I've yet to see, but is there anything we didn't already know about the 3 candidates that are running for office? I'd say most sports fans in KY already know as much about them as they do Trump and Clinton. Sorry, it's a little over the top for my taste.

Green County has a guard by the name of Dominique Compton. He scored 48 points of which he hit 32 out of 39 free throws against Shelby Valley in the opening round of the Class A State. I've watched Quintin Goodin from Taylor County play. He's an all-around player who is heading to Xavier after he graduates. I'm sure both of these players are well-deserving by not just their talent on the court, but their attitude off the court as well as their academic focus. I know that one of the players mentioned in an earlier post has a dad that is superintendent. This player has been known by numerous sources to have a negative disposition on the court and displaying bad sportsmanship. I would sure hope that whoever gets named Mr. Basketball would not earn the title due to a family member's influence. That's the impression I'm getting. I'm sure their are many worthy Mr. Basketball candidates, but biased factors should not have any part of the selection.