Louisville 71 North Carolina 65

Jim Schue

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Sean… I could listen to Threeeee Leeee all day long! And then the barely audible note of the opponents score is hilarious.

John Tong sounded like quite the character. When I was in college I worked in an office with his girlfriend. He would leave messages in an exaggerated John Tong’y French accent, “could you tell her Jacques (or Pierre) called pleeeeease.”

But who cares about announcers?!?! Still riding that victory high this morning; I knew they could do it! Go Cards!!

Edited by Pura Vida

Very nice win all around. Not a very pretty game by either team. Lots of failing to finish at the hoop.

If the UofL v. Ga. Tech officiating crew had been there last night, we'd still be there shooting free throws.

Lee was impressive. 3 balls when needed and a couple of epic drives down the lane.

Moving Pick call on Nanu was AWFUL. They must be required by some sort of zebra union rules to call at least 1 per game on him and it was getting late in the 2nd half and they didn't have their quota. Glad the TV crew called them out on it.

Need to learn more about Doris Burke's "ball reversal" statistic. Data from both the UVa and UNC game seemed to be fairly compelling that they don't score well when they don't do it.

Anas behind the back pass to Lee knocked me off my couch. I am sure Lee was as surprised as everyone else in the Yum! Now he just needs to get Nanu to teach him how to shoot free throws!

Listening to radio this morning Drew Deener brought up a good point. These officials are anticipating moving screens on Onuaku. That's the only explanation for that call last night. There wasn't even any contact, at all.

Definitely the only explanation. Doris Burke even pointed out that if anything, he shifted his weight away from the contact.