Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 70 Boyle County 51

Featured Replies

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is in 7th grade this year.
Wow! Thanks
James can be locked down with man to man defense he is to slow, proven last night. But the plays you give up to the rest of the team by playing man is hard to defend. Catch 22. It will take an athletic team to beat mercer, like North Hardin, but the 12 region gets tough and intense one bad night and you go home. Boyle almost went home in the first round of the district last year. And you no Southwestern remembers Mercer putting them out the last 2 years.

 

The the main thing I don't think we've seen from Mercer is how they would handle an athletic opponent. The better teams they've played this year aren't extremely athletic.

I'm just gonna put it out there. If you are a referee and have to break-up a "skirmish" on the floor, you should at least blow your whistle and stop the game. That was a poorly handled situation by the ref. Hope he learns from it.

I'm just gonna put it out there. If you are a referee and have to break-up a "skirmish" on the floor, you should at least blow your whistle and stop the game. That was a poorly handled situation by the ref. Hope he learns from it.

 

I'm still a little in disbelief haha

The the main thing I don't think we've seen from Mercer is how they would handle an athletic opponent. The better teams they've played this year aren't extremely athletic.

 

They have faced athleticism this year but not an athletic team that's also very good. But, this team is at its best playing up-tempo. Most athletic high school teams like to play up-tempo to maximum their advantage. Point being that I think Mercer would fare better against a really good team that is athletic than a really good team that plays a methodical style.

 

For what it's worth, they played several athletic teams over the summer and fared very well.

They have faced athleticism this year but not an athletic team that's also very good. But, this team is at its best playing up-tempo. Most athletic high school teams like to play up-tempo to maximum their advantage. Point being that I think Mercer would fare better against a really good team that is athletic than a really good team that plays a methodical style.

 

For what it's worth, they played several athletic teams over the summer and fared very well.

 

I know Dunbar routed Lafayette last week, but I'm looking forward to the Mercer/Lafayette game. Lafayette is a bit different than any of the top teams in the 12th Region. Should be a really good game.

I know Dunbar routed Lafayette last week, but I'm looking forward to the Mercer/Lafayette game. Lafayette is a bit different than any of the top teams in the 12th Region. Should be a really good game.

 

 

Southwestern did play and beat Lafayette in an uptempo game. Southwestern pretty much controlled it. I would expect Mercer to do the same. Lafayette does have a nice team though with a deep bench and certainly think it will be a good game.

Southwestern did play and beat Lafayette in an uptempo game. Southwestern pretty much controlled it. I would expect Mercer to do the same. Lafayette does have a nice team though with a deep bench and certainly think it will be a good game.

 

IMO Southwestern and Mercer County are at their best in uptempo games. Saying that means that when they meet the score will be 40-39. :lol2:

IMO Southwestern and Mercer County are at their best in uptempo games. Saying that means that when they meet the score will be 40-39. :lol2:

 

Have yet to see Mercer but 100% agree with you about that on SW

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.