January 24, 201610 yr The Cardinals gut one out in Atlanta to go 17-3 and 6-1 in the ACC. Anas Mahmoud scores 15, Damion Lee 17 and Chinanu Onuaku gets his 6th straight double-double. Georgia Tech has only one ACC win but has lost a number of very close contests.
January 24, 201610 yr Way to go Cards, way to go Mahmoud, what an intense game! Had to head out at half-time with the Cards down by 7; not at all confident about how this one would end. Glad I recorded it.
January 24, 201610 yr Gutted one out on the road, that's what it takes sometimes. Anas with a career day, good for him.
January 24, 201610 yr So many "no, no, no, OK" moments in this game. Anas made so many good moves and finishes that if you had never watched the Cards, you'd think he was the "go to guy" for the Cards. If he plays like this, Cards can be tough. In addition to another option in the middle on offense, the 2-3 zone with either Anas or Nanu on a wing can be very long and intimidating. Lee has difficulty playing the other wing when he gets pinned low, but at least he is very aggressive and enthusiastic. Nanu played well in the middle and actually passed the ball from the post. This can be devastating if the outside shooters are on. 6th straight double double in the ACC is strong. Lewis may have started to shoot himself out of his slump. Couple of key buckets. Deng Adel may be a write-off at this point for his Frosh season. Looked lost in the couple of minutes he played. When Mangok returns and the rotation narrows for FEB and MAR, I just don't think there will be enough minutes to bring him along. Given his early play, this is a disappointment. Hope we can chalk this up to his injury and he comes back strong next year.
January 24, 201610 yr Strongly agree on Adel. He reminds me of Buckles after he got injured. Hopefully he can get in the groove next season. His legs just don't seem to work together to well at this point of the season. Good 2nd conference road win!!
January 25, 201610 yr The Cards never cease to amaze me. Pitino does more with less than any Coach in the country.
January 25, 201610 yr Yes he does! I am impressed with the Cards, they will make a run I like their chances as much as anyone else.
January 25, 201610 yr I do like their chances, as well as they have played they are still flying under the radar....seems as though they are relishing the fact that know one is paying attention.
January 25, 201610 yr I kind of like where the Cards sit “officially” ranked 14/16. However, if they get at least 1 win in upcoming games against VA or NC, without looking past VA Tech, I think the rank finally goes down. But whatever, it’s an exciting time of year!
January 25, 201610 yr I kind of like where the Cards sit “officially” ranked 14/16. However, if they get at least 1 win in upcoming games against VA or NC, without looking past VA Tech, I think the rank finally goes down. But whatever, it’s an exciting time of year! Conference basketball in February is my favorite regular-season time of year in the sports calendar. It is surpassed only by March. Basketball is just the best.
January 29, 201610 yr I loved the confidence the Egyptian Lover showed with his post game in this one. Just hope he can bounce back from VaTech and be consistent. Kid's got some skills.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.