Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best JV coaches in NKY

Featured Replies

The best freshman coaches got me thinking about JV as well. A lot of JV coaches seem to be close to becoming varsity coaches, so who are the local up and comers in the area? I follow the 9th region the most but am not really familiar with the coaches in the Jv rank as I am with the varsity coaches. Anyone willing to start a list?

Jerry Gross (Campbell) and Scott Code (Brossart) both do a great job.

Ross Hart at Holmes has an outstanding record and does a very good job.

Kevin Gray at Ludlow will always be my first choice from the days he spent as Carrs jv coach at Scott. Guy flat out gets it.

Kevin Gray at Ludlow will always be my first choice from the days he spent as Carrs jv coach at Scott. Guy flat out gets it.

 

Kevin is definitely a good one.

Kevin Gray, Jerry Gross, Scott Code: All three bring V level intensity to the game and understand how to prepare the JV level to step up. Solid professionals

I agree with Lawnboy, nuff said! Jimmy does an amazing job year in and year out. Your goal as a jv coach is to prepare your players for the next level. Jimmy does a great job getting them all on the floor and preparing them for Varsity. Loves the kids and is one of the most passionate coaches I've ever coached with.

Jerry Gross (Campbell) and Scott Code (Brossart) both do a great job.

 

All im gonna say is you must not have PLAYED for Gross.

All im gonna say is you must not have PLAYED for Gross.

2 of my sons have and I hope my other 3 get the chance to. Great guy, great coach.

When I used to call games in the 9th I always enjoyed working games that Jimmy Pangallo coached. If he challenged you on a call you know it was a possibility you missed it.

Hasn't Jimmy Pangallo won the JV tournament the last 2 years and has a few more before that, I'm not a 100% sure so need some clarification but he would be my first choice.

Have to give some love for Scott Blasingame & Kevin Orme at Highlands. Both have very high Basketball I.Q.'s

Have to give some love for Scott Blasingame & Kevin Orme at Highlands. Both have very high Basketball I.Q.'s

 

Don't disagree with you about them having basketball IQ, but a lot of coaches do its the intangible's a coach has, like getting kids to play above there ability and getting them to believe in themselves things like that. Jimmy Pangallo gets his team to believe that from what I have seen. Kevin Gray is kind of the same way.

I think Brossarts Scott Code has won at least a share of the NKAC divison ll championship the last 2 years. He does a very nice job prepping the kids for varsity action.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.