Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best zebras in the 10th

Featured Replies

  • Replies 84
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if they do anymore games or not, but those Snapp boys from Augusta you do a very good job at the junior high level... Maybe someone from Augusta can post and give us some insight on to whether or not they are still associated with officiating..

I think Terry Smith from Harrison Co. is a good young official in the 10th.

You should be ashamed to be stealing someones balls at such an early age. :DIm glad to see Hack can do something right cause he sure never could hit a softball very well :D

He is pretty impressive at the hospitality rooms come tournament time.:D

He is pretty impressive at the hospitality rooms come tournament time.:D

 

 

You should see him at a buffet. :D Chicken wings are an endangered species when Hack hits Ponderosa :D

You should see him at a buffet. :D Chicken wings are an endangered species when Hack hits Ponderosa :D

That's good stuff right there.:lol:

Forgot about Kenny Catron...he is great too.:thumb:[/quote

 

He would not be one of my top picks. I thought he was in the 13th since I saw him calling at Corbins on CFIT.

Returned from vacation (fishing trip--actually) and our internet has been down for a few days. Kenny Catron has been reffing for years and has reffed all the big-time tournaments and games, he is a class act, very good official.

 

He was always approachable when I was coaching, can't say that about all of the guys in stripes!

 

I have to agree w/Apex though on his post. The best officials are the ones who don't think they are bigger then the game and the kids are the real reason we as fans, players, coaches, etc. are there to watch the game. You could do another thread on those kinds of guys that would fill up the post!

Returned from vacation (fishing trip--actually) and our internet has been down for a few days. Kenny Catron has been reffing for years and has reffed all the big-time tournaments and games, he is a class act, very good official.

 

He was always approachable when I was coaching, can't say that about all of the guys in stripes!

 

I have to agree w/Apex though on his post. The best officials are the ones who don't think they are bigger then the game and the kids are the real reason we as fans, players, coaches, etc. are there to watch the game. You could do another thread on those kinds of guys that would fill up the post!

And might end up in a lot of us being suspended from BGP.:D

 

Bet the refs on here would have an interesting one about the coaches they hated to see walk in the gym and why.

No reason for me to be suspended by anyone or you ladiesbballcoach!!!!!!!!

I have to agree w/you though, I would think the officials would have a field day with a post regarding coaches! I'd say coaches would have a good time w/that one of they were up to it!

I like Mike Goins, Ken Catron, Tom Mitchell, & J.T. Taylor. They do a good job in whatever game they call, even though Goins mainly gets boys' games.

Tom Mitchell, from Mt. Olivet?

  • Author
Tom Mitchell, from Mt. Olivet?

 

I assume thats who theyre talking about... I dont recall seeing him do a game in HS.

I assume thats who theyre talking about... I dont recall seeing him do a game in HS.

I know he's officated some jr. high games. and jv.

Cary Lyle without question

I assume thats who theyre talking about... I dont recall seeing him do a game in HS.

Tom Mitchell has refereed several HS games on the girls side of the agenda including many of my games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.