Memphis Player Loses Mind After Birmingham Bowl

Wireman

I'm reading a clip that indicates Auburn equipment guy tackled Ball as he was trying to take a football:

Memphis Player Gets Into Altercation With Auburn Equipment Staff After Birmingham Bowl | College Spun

Of course in the piece it states equipment guy tackles Memphis football player trying to take football, then further down in indicates Memphis player tackles equipment guy for football. Who knows.....

I saw Ball take a ball off the field after he had a pick six in the first half. He gave it to a teammate, but I am guessing that ball may have been taken, and Ball was trying to get one back. There is probably a better way to go about this, but of course what would the media do then?

I thought he was a senior anyway?

Apparently that is correct:

Memphis Tigers DB Reggis Ball dismissed after stealing football

"Even though Mr. Ball's football career has ended, he will no longer be a part of the Memphis program because of these actions."

He also autographed the ball and out it out on social media with the hashtag:

The photo includes the message "#RANOFFONDAPLUGTWICE."

Even if he wasn't a Senior I'd have no problem booting him...remember he assaulted (yes a tackle is an assault) someone and stole a ball from the opposing team. If you or I had tackled the equipment manager outside of the stadium and grabbed a ball and ran off we probably are going to jail.